About the job Design Engineer
The Drainage Design Engineer is responsible to provide support and guidance in relation to asset drawings, plans and reports provided by Projects Affairs for future Drainage Department and/or other Section projects to ensure the compliance to health and safety operating practices, to assure sustainable optimum solutions providing economic O&M for both current and future upgrading/ repair and to ensure they meet the needs for current/future operational and customers requirements.
- Review designs submitted by Framework Contractors for emergency and also permanent solutions to Treated Water Network (Reused Water), Surface Groundwater Network and Foul Sewer networks problems, assuring they will meet the need for current and future operational and customer requirements.
- Review complex and critical network asset drawings, plans and reports provided by Developers of Clients Assets, Projects Affairs and Drainage Department Catchment Zone Sections for future/current Drainage Department projects to ensure that Drainage Department requirements are met.
- Review complex technical specifications in procurement documentation submitted by framework Contractors,
- Provide expert advice and guidance to complex and critical design solutions and/or enquires to mitigate various prevailing and impending problems.
- Carry out site visits to observe and analyze operational parameters and feasibility of designed solutions.
- Coordinate with different stakeholders (Asset Management, Catchment Zone Sections, Design Department, etc.) to reach a partnership approach and an agreed solution.
- Provide all required design calculations, drawings, project specifications, bill of quantities (prepare and provide input for tender and work order specifications, work scope for asset design projects).
- Manage and coordinate works of the team as instructed by the Head of Section.
- Attend the consultation meetings and clarify all contractors queries.
- Follow up the project implementation, working on solving the design problems that arise during the execution of the projects.
- Research and keep up to date with current and future needs in terms of Assets and propose solutions.
- Support the section and department in emergency management such as rainy season activities including attendance at Emergency Control Centre (ECC) and/or site.
- Review and provide recommendations on technical aspects of asset drawings, plans and reports provided by the Project Affairs/Project Management Consultants for future Drainage Department assets at stage of concept, preliminary detail design and tender submissions.
- Ensure adherence to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Procedures within the workplace and for consideration in the development of design projects.
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Holder of Chartered Membership in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering) would be an advantage
- Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience preferably in engineering design within water/wastewater management industry
- In depth knowledge of asset management and design
- Knowledge of procurement and contract management
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages, Hydraulic Modelling Software and GIS
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary Organisation preferably in the Middle East
- Knowledge of Quality, Health and Safety, and Environment policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organisation
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred