About the job Civil Engineer
The Civil Engineer is responsible for the management of outsourced maintenance/cleaning and upgradation activities related to Civil elements of all drainage systems in the assigned catchment zone to ensure that availability of assets is at an agreed level to enhance customer and stakeholder satisfaction while achieving Clients Strategic Objectives.
The role manages the on-going maintenance activities and services delivered by the Framework Contractor as per agreed SLAs thereby ensuring system reliability across the drainage asset base in the catchment.
- Manage the Framework Contractors maintenance/cleaning activities and RRRU works related to all three systems (Foul Water/SGW/TW) to ensure the availability / maintainability / reliability of all Drainage Department (Foul Sewer/SGW/TW) assets in the assigned catchment zone.
- Direct team members to carry out necessary inspection and supervision activities to ensure the Framework Contractors compliance with all contractual obligations.
- Review the annual preventative maintenance and repair schedules submitted by framework contractors for submission to Head of Section and provide inputs to reduce downtimes to existing services
- Advise contractor on improvement initiatives that are developed to drive down maintenance time and cost sustaining system availability
- Participate in investigation, root cause analysis and report findings in relation to customer enquiries, breakdown diagnostics and flooding events.
- Ensure that incidents / emergencies reported by Drainage Department Customer Service teams, external stakeholders or others are attended to and resolved by the Framework Contractors
- Review tender documents for capital maintenance Works (RRRU works).
- Lead all stages of the project lifecycle for new RRRU works based on the requirements of the catchment.
- Provide support on commercial matters and risks to the Engineers related to framework contracts.
- Ensure team / Framework Contractors compliance with all processes and procedures relating to Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS) and other Drainage Department systems and processes. Identify and discontinue redundant / duplicate activities.
- Oversee maintenance activities and work with staff to ensure high performance in line with Client Vision & Values
- Support the section and department in emergency management such as rainy season activities including attendance at Emergency Control Centre (ECC) and/or site
- Develop and provide regular reports to the Head of Section and act on behalf when delegated
- Ensure a customer-oriented work environment that delivers valued services to the customers.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures within the team and comply with Client work policies / instructions.
- Review of invoices and claims by the catchment contractor with inputs from relevant support teams for payment purposes for submission to Lead Engineer
- Review of annual plans for the catchment based on inputs from relevant parties and support teams for submission to Lead Engineer
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant Subject
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Holder of Chartered Membership in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering) would be an advantage
- Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License
- Minimum 10 years cumulative experience of Drainage Networks including 3 years managing contractors and leading a team
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary Organisation preferably in the Middle East
- Knowledge and experience in Contract Management. Ability to deliver and support change
- Knowledge of Quality, Health and Safety, and Environment policies, procedures and regulations.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organisation
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred