About the job Catering Supervisor
Bachelors Degree in Hotel or Catering Management.
Certified in HACCP on Food Safety & Hygiene
Knowledge and/or Experience
8 years experience in food service field including 4 years experience at supervisory level.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Establish catering sections quality standards for food production and preparations, hygiene, safety, and environmental awareness in accordance with policies and procedures and maintain all Internal quality check record or documents as per the catering services procedure.
2. Plan, organize, and administer the Catering contract, including supervision of Contractors personnel, for the department. Recommend and develop office systems to track meal numbers and types of services performed; analyse trends to support department continuous improvement drive.
3. Supervise the works of assigned catering business unit to ensure adequate manpower coverage, equal distribution of work assignment and to evaluate performance to ensure delivery of service.
4. Develop and review annual operating budget and capital needs for the execution of the Catering contract. Coordinate and review catering budget with Head of Catering for approval in line with department budget cap. Process invoices received from the catering contractor for the services rendered as per agreed contract.
5. Liaise with the Contractors Head Chef to plan and coordinate details of catering events to include determining manpower levels and communicating menu requirements and selections ensuring adherence to the catering contract specifications.
6. Ensure all pre risk assessments, health & safety, food safety checks and Allergen Management checks are carried out for any special catering functions and daily canteen operations.
7. Conduct regular inspections of catering section in compliance with Company HSE standards, and ensure corrective action takes place and issues are closed out timely and professionally. Deal with customer complaints and managing client expectations.
8. Conduct the checking & reviewing of the quality and quantity of all food & beverage supplies in storage, to ensure continuity of catering operation in all aspects of risk management. Monitor daily food sampling process is carried in all catering facilities in compliance with the health authorities. Review contractor performance evaluation as per the company procedure.
9. Support the Permit to Work activity related to Catering related area of operation/facilities, and act as authorized signatory for material passes, gate passes, and when required for accomplishing certain services that involve material movement/distribution related to catering operation.
10. Work closely with company representatives and review of layout, designs, fit out strategy, commissioning and operational readiness of additional facilities as required.