Regional Account Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Regional Account Manager (RAM) is responsible for driving growth of The company technologies and services in the Enterprise market. The RAM will drive growth from new prospects and an established successful client base. The RAM will also be responsible for working alongside The company’s strategic partner community to participate in joint sales based initiatives and assist in the sales enablement function to ensure partners are aligned with the defined sales strategy.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Increase The company’s Enterprise market share in the defined territory. - Responsible for professionally representing The company and proactively selling its broad range of enterprise security solutions and services through our well established partner community. o Behave in a manner that aligns with The company’s business goals, objectives and code of conduct. o Understand and operate in accordance with company policies and procedures. - To identify and pro-actively target enterprise prospects and existing clients to drive the adoption of new technologies and services increasing market share in the defined territory. o Develop and implement a sales strategy that will exceed sales targets and ensure a high level of customer acquisition, growth, satisfaction and retention. o Develop Strategic Account Plans for top 10 prospects/accounts. o Develop and deliver sales presentations, effectively representing The company’s business and value proposition, and differentiation in the market. o Prepare professional proposals having thoroughly understood the customer requirements and by establishing a relevant business solution. o Lead commercial negotiations and overcome objections with prospects, customers and partners. o Work closely with pre-sales engineers on delivering customer presentations and demonstrations to ensure alignment with sales strategy and customer requirements. o Co-ordinate marketing, sales and technical support to ensure a high level of awareness and customer satisfaction in the defined territory. o Ensure disciplined use of The company sales tools to facilitate opportunity management, accurate forecasting, account planning and ensure customer relationship information remains up to date. o Work closely with retention team on strategic account renewals.
- Assist to drive Sales Enablement and Marketing initiatives.
o Maintain sound knowledge of the industry, the companys and the competitive posture of The company and other industry leaders regarding security offerings and support services.
o Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure events and campaigns are aligned with sales strategy and local market demands.
o Contribute on a practical and conceptual basis to the ongoing development of The company’s sales and marketing strategy.
o Participate in industry conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
o Attend internal training and development as required.
- Work Closely with The company’s partner manager to facilitate growth and trust within the partner community.
o Work closely with marketing and channel teams to ensure events and campaigns are aligned with sales strategy and local market demands.
o Align with Partner Manager to participate in strategic account planning and prospecting activities within the partner and alliance community to deliver mutual benefit.
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills including demonstrable presentation skills, negotiation skills and strong closing ability.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and influence a broad range of stakeholders, internal and external.
- Ability to work autonomously and integrate as part of a remote team.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in an Enterprise Sales role.
- Ability to engage at the C level in a business benefits discussion.
- Previous experience or exposure selling Enterprise Security Solutions would be preferred.
- Previous experience working for a software vendor would be preferred.
- Previous experience in selling IT security/ Infrastructure/ Software would be an advantage.
- Previous referenceable exposure to selling within Enterprise clients greater than 1000 seats/users, Government and Commercial.
- Strong knowledge of Virtualisation and cloud based solutions preferred.
- Working knowledge of salesforce.com is desirable.
- Recent proven ability to achieve sales quotas in target market, with a strong desire to succeed.
- University degree would be highly regarded.
- Account Management certification such as SPIN or TAS would be highly regarded.
- Sales Based Certifications.
- Security Certifications.