Cyber Security Engineer
Full Job Description
The Cyber Protective Control Automation Team at the company is looking for new engineers. This role is rich with opportunities and challenges, and is a good opportunity if:
- You're innovative and motived to think outside of the box.
- You utilise your deep knowledge, skills, and expertise, and are passionate about growing your experience across a broad range of technologies.
- You’re interested in replacing repetitive and human driven processes with agile and scalable technological solutions.
In this role, you'll frequently be learning new technologies, processes, and requirements. For that reason, we're much more interested in candidates with an eagerness to learn and try new things, even if some of the technologies are new to them. If this role sounds enticing to you, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Do Work that Matters
The Technology function at the company is responsible for the world leading application of technology across every aspect of the company to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
This position will pre-dominantly be based at the company state of the art office. Team members are required to attend the office two times a week, with WFH home being available for the rest of the week. Where required, we can discuss your own needs for flexibility and review your working arrangements.
See Yourself in Our Team
The Group Security function within the bank works to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and services within the Bank. Your team would be involved in assisting internal customers that maintain Cyber Protective Controls (any core security functions of the bank) and automating their processes to reduce the risk of human error, and delivery better security outcomes to our customers.
Overall, you will be required to:
- Review processes and procedures used to provide Cyber Protection.
- Design high level solutions to reduce the amount of manual work required to provide industry leading protection.
- Implement solutions across a wide range of technologies, aligning the Bank to industry standards and best practice.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
- Provide feedback and technical direction during project implementation.
- Work with internal customers to define and prioritise automation projects.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Engineering experience within a large corporate environment.
- Experience with scripting level languages and CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with key technologies such as Splunk, Akamai, Office 365, CyberArk, Firewalls, Databases and Networks.
- Team driven attitude and the ability to collaboratively find solutions.
- Great communication abilities and a capacity to work with customers.
Without question, the most important attribute for a successful applicant is a keen willingness to learn new things. Even if some of these technologies are new to you, we encourage you to reach out if you'd like to learn more about them.
What's in it for you?
- Enormous variety of technical opportunities.
- Strong cohesive and fun team culture.
- Ability to self-manage and work flexibly.
- Opportunities to deliver intelligent solutions to practical problems.
- A team that prioritises the development of its people.