Technology is a key enabler to keep the client’s business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance the client’s ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. The team aims to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative, and integrated work environment.
The security function is an integral cyber, information and technology risk management function tasked with securing the client’s digital assets and business data from cyber threats and adverse impacts.
We are looking for a suitable candidate for the role of VP, Cybersecurity Threat Operations Lead. This role reports to the SVP, Cybersecurity Operations, and is responsible for oversight of the Security Operations Center (SOC) at the client. The SOC provides defence against cybersecurity threats 24x7 across multiple locations. The candidate is expected to operate across various cyber defence disciplines while managing and driving through resolution threats and incidents.
- Provide technical leadership and management of the Security Operations Centre (SOC).
- Engage with various cybersecurity operations teams in different time zones.
- Manage and drive excellence in rapid responses on cybersecurity events and incidents.
- Support and execute SOC strategy and initiatives.
- Work with security technology partners/vendors to enhance and manage existing technology platforms.
- Direct, drive process and document improvement for all SOC related workflows.
- Provide oversight and validate various security operations playbooks.
- Develop and measure SOC insight and metrics.
- Establish a culture of collaboration and excellence within cybersecurity operations.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and breaking news especially relating to future investments in security.
- Stay ahead of latest cybersecurity threats and evolve our security controls as appropriate.
- A subject matter expert in network security, application security, enterprise security and security incident response.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience preferably in financial services or asset management industries, with minimum 3 years in leading and managing a global SOC.
- Professional qualification such as SANS, CISSP / CISM / CEH will be advantageous.
- At least 5 to 7 years of management, team lead experience of cybersecurity functions.
- Broad-based experience across multiple cyber security areas, such as threat intelligence, security operations management, endpoint, and cloud security.
- Experience in SIEM, security operations tools, security analytics tools and new technologies. Familiar with native and commercial cloud security technologies such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- A good team leader and excellent communicator with both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Desire to work in a diverse environment interacting with various teams and functions to support strategic goals.
- Demonstrates a problem-solving mindset with intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and proactive solutions.
- Strong communications, both written and verbal with the ability to present control topics to a broad audience.