About the job Personal Support Worker
Who We Are
MGRMC is proud to provide recruitment search services, as well as talent acquisition-related consulting for our clients. By partnering with us you will have access to even more diversified talent. Recruiting for startups, greenfield and brownfield projects is one of our specialties.
What You’ll Be Doing
Our Clients are looking for compassionate Personal Support Workers or Health Care Aides on a full-time, part-time or casual basis. You will work in long-term care homes or provide home care.
This is an excellent employment opportunity to become an integral member of a support team. You will enjoy flexible hours, diverse assignments, and benefit from continuous opportunities for learning, training, and professional development.
Under the direction of a Supervisor, you as a Personal Support Worker/Health Care Aide will be responsible for maintaining and promoting physical care, menu planning, and preparation, medication administration, personal care, activities of daily living, day-to-day house management, record keeping, etc. You will support individuals by promoting their involvement with family, friends, advocates, and the community to ensure that their comfort, safety, and health requirements are being met. You will also encourage individuals to develop skills, talents, and abilities so that they may have maximum control over their own life.
Hours: Combination of hours, should be flexible and available to work either weekends and/or evenings.
You Will Have
- Personal Support Worker certificate
- Experience working with seniors
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Vulnerable Sector police check required upon selection
- Truly passionate about providing excellent care
- Enthusiasm about promoting and maintaining health
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Respectful and reliable
How to apply?
- Attach your cover letter and resume
- In your cover letter please provide answers to the following questions:
- Your preferences to work in long term care homes or home care
- Locations you are available to work
- Are you open to relocating, please mention locations if you are
- Preference to work full time, part-time or casual basis
- Availability to work weekends and / evening
- When you are available to start a new assignment
- Your current and expected hourly rate
- Confirm you are legally eligible to work in Canada. To be legally eligible to work in Canada, you must be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident of Canada, or have a valid Canadian work permit.
MGRMC is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, MGRMC will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. We will consult with applicants to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
We appreciate all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.