About the job Assistant Manager, Material Management & Logistics
Lead and manage Material Management & Logistics (MM&L) function deliverables for the business unit which includes but not limited to establishing strategies, conduct planning, synergize with relevant end users, and safely execute inventory management, warehouse, supply base operation, permits, logistics planning and coordination.
To also be the point of reference for marine and aviation operations i.e. fleet coordination, audits, inspection, etc.
Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE)
- Lead and drive compliance to ME & PETRONAS HSSEs policy and procedures in carrying out warehouse, supply base, and logistics operations.
- Demonstrate HSSE leadership & commitment in all activities involved, from plan phase, execution until completion, becoming role model, and actively participate in any Company HSSE initiatives to satisfy the COMPANY HSSE KPI/target.
- Ensure application of all relevant HSSE controls and protocols, make reference and comply to OMS requirement
- Strategically plan and manage the workload versus deliverables required for all activities.
- Conduct annual teams workplan based on the BUs Workplan / Business Plan.
- Ensure adequate skills and knowledge amongst the team member and identify gaps to be closed.
- Assume lead role in all Logistics Operations, the reference point for Marine and Aviation operational matters which includes planning, execution, monitoring, coordination, and assurance process.
- Provide leadership and steer on the best fleet management strategy, fleet specifications, contracting strategies with close collaboration with relevant end user department(s).
- Manage effective utilization of the range of logistic service contractor(s) such as warehouse provider, aviation services, diesel fuel supplier, marine vessels, freight forwarder, formalities agency, and coordinates with them in the performance of their services.
- Manage logistics authority/governance required such as, but not limited to management of Master Exemption List (MEL), Direct Importation (DI), Legal Landing Rights (LLR), Notice to Mariner (Jabatan Laut), DSL, Vessels Inspection and Validity of relevant certificates, Helideck relevant certificates, CAAMs relevant approval, etc.
- Provide management report(s) as required on related deliverables, detailing items such as progress, challenges, issues, mitigations, etc.
- Participate in strategic discussions with relevant stakeholders such as MP AD, MP BUs, PETRONAS, and other PACs. Example includes Pan Malaysia contracting strategy discussion, Helicopter Coordination discussion, ILCT forum, etc.
- Ensure all relevant business policies and procedures are complied with.
Warehouse & Material Management
- Maintain, review, and update Material Management related procedures. Drive efficiency and digitalization of warehouse
- Manage and maintain material requirements planning for drilling inventory, 2 years spare parts, and MRO type inventory in support of drilling and production operations. Collaborate with user groups to plan materials requirements to ensure operation and maintenance activities run smoothly while maintaining optimal utilization of stock.
- Review inventory parameter to ensure optimal utilization across all requirements. Develop and execute MRP in ensuring optimal inventory level at all time.
- Manage surplus and obsolete materials, liaise with stakeholder on disposition and/or disposal of excess, surplus, repairable, material and equipment.
- Coordinate and schedule a periodic inventory cycle count with stakeholders.
- Manage and monitor that materials and equipment are received and stored in an efficient and timely manner and secured condition utilising the most appropriate material handling and storage method/equipment.
Contract(s) & Supplier(s) Management
- Participate in contract scoping, technical evaluation exercise in ensuring quality supplier(s) selection.
Ensure compliance of contract execution, such as but not limited to;
- No or minimal After-the-Fact issues
- Spend within Approved Contract Value (ACV)
- Spend within contract period
- Timely changes to contract i.e. Contract Amendment, Contract Extension, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Strong knowledge of logistics planning, material management procedures, protocols and guidelines. Knowledge of the Oil and Gas sector in Malaysia. Strong networks within the Malaysian maritime oil & gas industry.
Minimum Bachelor Degree and/or Masters Degree in Supply Chain Management (SCM), Business, Engineering or equivalent. Professional Certifications and/or Memberships such as OVID is highly preferred.
10-15 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the oil and gas industry with significant exposure to contracting strategies and negotiations.
- High safety sense & culture
- Planning and organising skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercially oriented mindset
- Self motivated and initiative
- Communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia