About the job Lead Asset Integrity Engineer
Lead the development, coordination and implementation of the Asset Integrity Management (AIM) program including strategies, work processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of the Topsides equipment, structure, risers and subsea pipelines, to demonstrate that due diligence is being observed and that assigned Company assets are maintained in a Fit for Purpose condition with risks mitigated to ALARP status.
Identify and develop contract support requirements for process safety and integrity management. Lead the development, coordination and implementation of the Asset Integrity Inspection and Test Plans of the topsides, structure and subsea pipelines, fitness for service analysis, piping repairs or replacement, and structural repairs to assure the equipment function safely and productively, within budget and available resources, to meet Mubadala Energy business goals.
Strategy Policy, Processes and Practices
- Lead the implementation of the AIM philosophies, strategies, processes and procedures in compliance with the AIM Standard and contribute to the formulation of work practices in order to provide guidelines for safe and efficient operations.
- Lead implementation of departmental procedures and controls of AIM so that relevant procedural and/or legislative requirements are fulfilled, whilst delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Develop and roll out AIM Key Performance Indicators and objectives for MPMY.
- Ensure that organizational structure is appropriate to support all AIM activities and associated roles and responsibilities are defined in job descriptions.
- Manage onshore Integrity and Inspection engineers. Lead the development and maintenance of training matrix for Inspection and Integrity Engineers.
- Management of Third party Integrity Service Contractors (ISC) at MP sites.
- Oversee and manage competency of contractors Integrity Inspectors, Specialist Technicians and Certification Engineers at the construction yard and offshore, ensuring that they are adequately skilled to carry out their duties and that they follow Company procedures to proficient standards and comply with relevant legislative requirements.
- Develop a process to monitor/audit/review of project contractor integrity work to ensure contractors complies with MPMYs requirements with respect to technical integrity
- To develop and implement the strategies, programs, and systems (Topside Integrity Management Philosophy and Strategies, Structural Integrity Management Philosophy and Strategies and Pipeline Integrity Management Philosophy and strategies) to assure the mechanical integrity of the installation whilst ensuring minimum risk to personnel, the environment and facilities from material or corrosion related threats.
- Act as company Subject Matter Expert for Integrity related matters.
- To identify, implement and manage pre-operations activities and contracts related to Asset Integrity assurance including the development of AIMS, baseline inspection, ad hoc QA inspections.
- Implement company Asset Integrity Management Assurance Plan.
- Identify and prepare technical scopes of work for contract support of Asset integrity program
- Manage Asset Integrity work performed by consultants, contractors and suppliers to ensure timely completion and compliance with the technical specifications and contract or purchase order.
- Management of safety equipment/material vendors to evaluate technical bids, review vendor documentation, and attends factory acceptance tests and pre-commissioning field tests for the full range of equipment / materials.
- Lead the implementation and data load of AIMS
- Manage integrity works both onshore and offshore and provide instruction and guidance to construction personnel on technical issues in line with the project requirements.
- Manage integrity related projects of moderate size and scope.
Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Strategies the implementation of Mubadala Energys RBI Process.
- Overseen the review and approval inspection plans.
- Final approval of Fit for Purpose (FFP) and Remnant Life calculations for reported anomalies; identify and review remedial action requirements with supporting evidence.
- Develop a process to monitor the pipelines pigging reports in order to verify that the condition of the pipelines are Fit for Purpose (FFP).
- Develop and own a process to analyse and monitor the corrosion condition of assigned facilities static plant and equipment to assure and verify that risks to the integrity of the plant and equipment are maintained to ALARP status.
- Manage the execution of facilities topsides static equipment inspections in order to assure the integrity of hazardous product containment equipment and piping.
- Manage facilities underwater inspections in order to assure the integrity of underwater structures, pipelines and equipment.
- Manage assigned specialists for online retrieval and insertion of corrosion monitoring coupons and probes.
- Oversee the twice yearly inspection of portable lifting equipment (PLE) and crane recertification; verify the completeness and quality of the records of inspections and the provision and storage of certificate originals.
- Provide input to QA/QC plans for construction of and repairs to facilities pressure containment systems.
- To optimise the expenditure without compromising integrity through provision of efficient and effective management of integrity, inspection, maintenance and monitoring services.
Management of Change (MoC), Anomalies & Deviations
- Develop and own MoC, Anomalies and Deviation management processes.
- Lead identification of opportunities for improvement of Departmental systems, processes and practices taking into account international best practice and legislative changes.
- Oversee the assessment of anomalies and provide recommendations for engineering resolution and ensure action items and action parties are duly recorded and that follow-up is carried out routinely through to close out.
- Manages any requests for deviation from an agreed technical standards and/or procedures are reviewed, approved or rejected in a timely and competent manner.
- Own and approve AI team reports in a timely manner to meet Company and Departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- Maintain Asset Integrity records in an auditable and retrievable manner.
- Manage the audit of lifting equipment inspection and recertification process.
Health, Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within the assigned area of asset integrity to protect employee safety, ensure legislative compliance, deliver high quality services, whilst being mindful of the environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Post Graduate qualification in Quality Management, Asset Management or Reliability and Risk Management is an added advantage.
- Professional or Chartered Engineer or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Well versed in Welding Inspection and NDT Techniques.
- Understanding of RBI, and Remnant Life processes and procedures.
- Good understanding of activity planning.
- Understanding of Corrosion Technology and Metallurgy.
- Minimum of 15 or more years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, and at least 10 years experience in Asset Integrity Assurance and Engineering in an upstream Oil and Gas operating company and 5 years experience as Technical Authority for Integrity.
- Must be capable and prepared to work offshore as needed in the course of surveys, inspections, and oversight work.
- Analytical skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Logical thinking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication skills in English and Malay.
- Documentation management skills.
- NDE/NDT inspection skills.