Job Openings Engineering Manager
About the job Engineering Manager
- To support the business in all aspects of engineering relating to the developments and potential developments.
- To manage, provide guidance and instruction to external engineering design contractors, in order to ensure that Mubadala obtains the best value and performance from the contractor. To establish the overall engineering philosophy for development projects and to create and maintain the project basis of design, in accordance with the project scope of requirements. To establish and manage an engineering support team commensurate with these tasks.
- To support reviews/studies for new business development and lead appraisal studies, cost estimates, conceptual studies and front end studies and for development projects.
- To ensure that Mubadalas HSSE philosophies and imperatives are articulated and incorporated within all engineering design work. To oversee engineering design contractors to ensure that they produce optimum, accurate, efficient and appropriate engineering design deliverables.
- To ensure that engineering design is in accordance with Company requirements, that all the work is efficiently and effectively executed in accordance with relevant criteria / specifications. Ensure that designs comply with safe and reasonable standards in accordance with good engineering practices as accepted within the offshore oil & gas industry.
- Establish engineering document control procedures and processes and oversee day to day management of documents from engineering contractors (receipt, review and approval).
- Based in KL office with necessary liaison and support to Project Construction/Fabrication centers.
Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE)
- Ensure compliance with all engineering related safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across development engineering activities to guarantee employee safety, legislative and Regulatory compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Demonstrate exemplary commitment to Mubadala Energy's HSE goals and culture.
- Establish clear and demonstrable mitigation measures, within the engineering design, to ensure that the main HSE and asset Integrity risks for delivery are captured. Review regularly.
- Project Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures.
- Create the project basis of design, in accordance with the project scope of requirements.
- Ensure that Mubadala Energy's HSSE philosophies and imperatives are articulated and incorporated within all engineering design processes and procedures.
- Draft and manage policies and procedures to ensure that all engineering design contractors deliverables are optimised, accurate, efficient and provide appropriate engineering design deliverables.
- Draft procedures which will ensure that engineering design is in accordance with Company requirements, that all the work is efficiently and effectively executed in accordance with relevant criteria / specifications.
- Draft policies to ensure that designs comply with safe and reasonable standards in accordance with good engineering practices as accepted within the offshore oil & gas industry.
- Establish engineering document control procedures and processes.
- Establish procedures to monitor the systems of contractors to ensure their systems match up to the company standard.
- Provide the engineering expertise and frameworks to support the delivery of assigned project appraisals, cost estimates during appraisal, concept select, front end engineering and development projects through to engineering support during Operate Stage.
- Establish and lead the Engineering Team to deliver the projects objectives in terms of meeting or exceeding integrity, cost, and schedule targets.
- Ensure all opportunities are progressed in compliance with Mubadala Energy's Stage Gate Process and Regulator requirements.
- Ensure that Developments meet Malaysia standards.
- Partnerships & Relationship Management.
- Support the Technical VP/ Project Manager in delivering the Mubadala Energy's stage gate process deliverables.
- Forms solid relationships with TCM representatives, JVP/stakeholder counterparts, and Regulator functional representatives in order to ensure smooth and efficient functional approvals.
Budgets and Plans
- Support the preparation and consolidation of development budgets by providing man-hour estimates.
- Monitor engineering man-hours against agreed CTRs or other scoping documents.
- Provide input to Approval of Expenditure (AFEs) to enable commencement of projects.
- Lead the engineering team in engagement with contractors teams.
- Ensure and demonstrate client leadership of the engineering process.
- Mentor the engineering team and develop a common sense of purpose and commitment within the team.
- Provide input and recommend the continuous improvement of engineering activities and practices.
- Take into account and engender engineering international best practice.
- Identify and incorporate changes and advances in international O&G engineering standards and advances.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree, Chartered engineer or equivalent.
- A minimum of 20 years of engineering experience in the oil and gas industry.
- A minimum of 15 years of development experience in a leadership role with experience working with multiple locations and cultures.
- General and project management skills, good communication skills, analytical skills, and good interpersonal skills.