About the job Tax Specialist (Oil & Gas)
1) Tax Planning and review tax computation for direct and indirect taxes
2) Establish control framework with regards to direct and indirect taxes
3) Support business and functions in strategic planning and decision making to optimise taxes for Pegaga and NBD in Malaysia
4) Support payment reviews for vendors
Support tax planning for SK320, MYCU and new business development in Malaysia to ensure optimisation and utilisation of appropriate tax benefits and exemptions
To ensure compliance with all direct and indirect tax regulation
- To support the calculation of 6th monthly and 9th monthly tax estimates
- To review tax computation timely submission of annual tax return for all entities in Malaysia
- To review and update of SK320 and MPCUTransfer Pricing documentation.
- To help review all intercompany services agreements
- to support review of payments to ensure compliance to AP policy, contracts, Petronas guide and also tax laws/regulations
- to ensure timely payment of witholding tax and service tax (for relevant local and imported services)
- to challenge the applicability of services taxes charged by vendors.
· To review existing processes and recommend fit for purpose improvements
· To recommend process improvement for Oracle
system to ensure that quality and accurate tax
information can be extracted and reported.
and Deferred Tax’ Reporting
· To provide tax estimates for reporting to Group and for Inland Revenue’s assessment of monthly tax instalments. (minimise exposure for penalty)
· To support finance team in calculation of Deferred tax
Tax Support for Operation, Commercial and Procurement/Logistics
To help review finance and tax clauses for commercial and procurement contracts and tender exceptions
- Support registration of Sarawak Sales Tax and support AD and local team in getting exemption of Export Duties and exemption of Witholding Tax for Intercompany Loan interest.
- To work closely with Logistics to ensure full optimisation of Master Exemption Listing for MP
- To work closely with Economists to assess economic model to ensure that the model is still relevant and updated with latest tax changes.
Tax Audit liaison
- To be person in charge for all types of tax audits from Inland Revenue Board (PITA audit, GST refund audit, CITA audit, Witholding Tax audit, Transfer pricing audit) or Custom Authority (SST audit) or MP tax audit
- Represent MP in Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry meeting (MICCI) to align with other industry players to engage Inland Revenue Dept, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of International Trade.
Tax Training and Awareness
- To provide tax updates on half yearly basis to relevant stakeholders
- To conduct awareness sessions for local employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
University Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, preferably with professional qualification in Tax
Good knowledge of local tax laws/ordinances/public rulings
Knowledge of the Oil and Gas environment and PSC Mechanism
Ø > 5 years of tax experience with minimum 3 years experience in taxation for Oil and Gas Industry
- Team player
- Result oriented and self-motivated
- Problem solving skill
- Strong analytical skill
- Excellent communications and business partnering skill