About the job Senior Mainframe Developer Lead
This position’s primary responsibility will be to provide technical expertise and coordinate for day-to-day deliverables for the team. The chosen candidate will assist in the technical design of large business systems; builds applications, the interface between applications, understand data security, retention, and recovery. The role holder should be able to research on technologies independently to recommend appropriate solutions & should contribute to technology-specific best practices & standards; contribute to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, and scalability; contributes expertise on significant application components, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., and guides/mentors the team during the build and test phases.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- At least 4 years of experience with Information Technologies.
- Experience in mainframe development with COBOL, DB2
- At least years of experience with COBOL
- At least years of experience in JCL
- At least years of experience in DB2, SYNCSORT, EZYTRIEVE
- At least years of experience in software development life cycle.
- At least years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects
- Ability to work in a team in a diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience in the Financial Services domain
- Analytical skills
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.