Job Openings Home Health Coding Team Lead
About the job Home Health Coding Team Lead
Salary: Up to PHP100,000
As a medical coder, you will review patient medical records and assign codes to diagnoses and procedures performed so the facility can bill insurance and other third-party payers (such as Medicare or Medicaid) as well as the patient.
Coding medical charts through the understanding of medical terminology, AMA guidelines, anatomy, physiology and procedures and assigning the appropriate CPT, ICD- 9 CM & HCPCS and special access codes based on medical documentation. Associate the diagnosis codes to the appropriate procedure codes (CPT) and sequence the codes in such a way as to insure proper reimbursement.
As a leader, you will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing daily productivity of the coders
- Distribution of workload to team members
- Helping the team in handling & resolution of work-related problems, understanding & interpretation of issues and decision making.
- Provide leadership and focus to the project teams.
- Responsible for the productivity, quality and overall performance of the projects
- Escalate and follow up for resolution for all issues that affect work.
- Learn and implement new client systems.
- Co-ordinate and organize training for new joiners as well as for existing members of the team based on the project's requirement.
- Constant interaction with the clients & taking feedback from clients and formulating strategies to meet the clients' specific needs and expectations.
- Bachelor's degree holder
- At least 5 years of Home Health coding experience with at least 1 year experience of Team Lead role in Home Health (at least 5 team members handled)
- Should hold certificate from AAPC or AHIMA. BCHHC certification is added eligibility
- Knowledgeable in Home Health Coding processes
Perks and Benefits:
- Permanent WFH
- Dayshift schedule; Sat and Sun off
- If applicable: Overtime Pay, Holiday Pay, 10% Night Differential Pay
- 13th month pay
- HMO Benefits
- Leave Credits (accrual basis)
- Company-provided equipment