About the job Medical Coder
Medical Coder assigns diagnostic and procedure codes to patient medical records and enters coding and abstracting patient data into the facility computer system under the general supervision of the Operations Manager. Generally, performs coding on all types of cases.
1. Abstracts, codes, and sequences the classification of medical and surgical procedures, diagnosis, and treatment modalities on Inpatient and Day Surgeries.
2. Reviews appropriate provider documentation to determine principal diagnosis, co-morbidities and complications, secondary conditions, and surgical procedures.
3. Selects the latest, most accurate and descriptive codes from the listings of International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD- CM), American Medical Association Current Procedural Terminology (CPT-4) coding system, and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS).
4. Assigns Present on Admission (POA) value for inpatient diagnoses as a supplement for ICD-9 CM or ICD-10 coding.
5. Assigns correct diagnostic related grouping (DRG) and perform coding compliance reviews. Follow official coding guidelines to review and analyze health records.
- Must be a certified medical coder (CPC, APPC, or equivalent)
- Coding experience is not required
- Open to GY shift
- Open to train onsite (Ortigas, Pasig) for 9 weeks, then will transition to temp WFH after training