About the job Senior Software Engineer (Java)
• Collaborate in the design and development of Verato’s Software as a Service offering.
• Work effectively within an Agile framework to deliver new capabilities.
• Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle: Design of new components, New feature development, Test Automation, Performance and Scalability tuning, Issue Troubleshooting, SW Maintenance, Usage and improvement of the CI/CD Infrastructure, Integration of new services with the DevOps infrastructure, etc.
• Help improve the development processes as well as the automation and operational procedures required to deliver a world-class, industrial-strength, commercial SaaS offering.
• Mentor junior team members in the Software Engineering discipline and best practices.
To fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the following is required:
• BS or MS in Computer Science
• 5+ years of experience in the Software Development field.
• Sound Computer Science fundamentals (OOD/OOP, Design Patterns, Multi-threading, Performance, Scalability) and algorithmic design.
• Understanding of multi-tiered distributed systems, from Web layer to data layer.
• Proficiency with Linux and Java.
• Good understanding and proven experience with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Secure Coding best practices.
• A result-oriented, driven, positive attitude, that takes ownership about quality.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Superior analytical ability.
• Ability to learn and adapt.