About the job PR Senior Strategist
A senior strategist should be an experienced, broadly capable strategic thinker who handles a wide range of presentations for current and potential clients with a high degree of lateral thinking.
A senior strategist has demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills. She/he should have strong research and business development skills. She/he has the confidence and support of existing client contacts and strong relationships with the client organisation. A strategist demonstrates the ability and wherewithal to deliver on our vision, performance requirements and growth projections. A strategist has strong relationships with and the confidence of the client and account directors across the business.
- Has depth and diversity of account experience that informs public relations counsel and strategy.
- Has full understanding of public relations and a consistent track record of achieving public relations objectives and consistent strategies across a variety of accounts.
- Understands business trends in the industries in which OPR operates.
- Responsible for overall development of strategies and programmes based on assistance from account teams.
- Develops and guides account directors with media relations strategies.
- Has strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to play a leadership role in a wide range of presentation settings.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems.
- Develops new business strategies
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to forecasting and projections done by more senior managers.
- Helps account director meet their billability targets through creative measures
- Is gaining awareness and understanding of our contractual agreements and their impact on agency procedures.
Initiative and general management:
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
- Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader.
- Delegates effectively.
- Routinely develops and implements solutions when problems arise.
- Assists peers in problem solving.
- Leverages talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues.
- Directs and facilitates others’ contributions to team, staff and client strategies.
- Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day behaviour.
- Routinely invests in building agency and client accounts and resources.
- Works with senior managers to identify and address supervisory training, leadership and career development needs.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve and contribute.