About the job Senior Copywriter
Since we believe in creative work that disrupts, we are looking for a candidate who is going to embrace modern marketing principles and is a self-starter by nature. This is an individual who is not afraid to challenge the norm and embodies our philosophy of divine discontent (Never stop chasing brilliance attitude).
A Through-The-Line Copywriter must have 8+ years’ experience.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table - to complement the above:
· Highly conceptual individual
· Demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking
· Track record of leading the conceptualization and execution of campaigns
· Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of new and existing digital platforms
· Must show an understanding of various programmes (Editing, recording etc.)
· International and local awards (i.e. Cannes, One Show, Loeries, Clios, Bookmarks etc.)
· At least 1 international gold and 1 local gold medals
· Must show examples of problem solving
· Demonstrate a working understanding of CRM and CVM principles
· Proactivity that led to better work, processes etc.
Here’s what you’ll be doing to lead Agency and Client growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The list of tasks or duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, candidates may be expected to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
As a senior creative you will help lead our passionate, multi-talented studio, guiding more junior members to deliver, and encourage exceptional, integrated concepts that exceed client briefs and expectations.
A Senior TTL Writer is an important contact point in our agency, so they can expect to be craft-led, strategically driven, media agnostic, agile and consistently conceptual, with a desire to transform brands by creating exceptional, intuitive, and human-centred products and experiences.
Tuned into all aspects of South African popular culture and the platforms and media it plays in, as well as have a strong point of view on what it takes to win in this space, with the experience to back it up. Exceptional writing ability is paramount.
Responsibilities - what you’ll do every day:
· Be part of the strategic process and interrogate the brief
· Scope, plan & manage the creative process on projects
· Manage & mentor the creative team
· Work with other disciplines (Strategists, Developers, Media, Accounts, etc) to ensure cohesive team integration, and alignment with broader business objectives
· Be a champion for innovative media solutions on every brief
· Play an active role in campaign planning
· Participate in pitches for new business
· Define the tone of overall campaigns
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Generate ideas and sell them into clients and other members of the team
· Mockup creative ideas
· Consistently produce creative elements against a deliverables list
· Lead brainstorms & conceptualisation
· Lead the craft of an idea
· Compile presentations for clients
· Attend client briefings & present to clients
· Attend recordings & film shoots
· Source inspirational material and references of how to push creativity
You’ll also be required to advance the following:
· Good understanding of influencer, Mobile, Podcast, out-of-home, guerrilla, activations, and direct marketing
· Excellent time management
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Adopt problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills with ability to provide rationales for creative choices made
· Strong presentation skills
· In-depth working knowledge of existing and emerging technologies & platforms
· A strong understanding of strategic processes
· Able to work with team members & delegate effectively
· Understand the client’s business requirements, and understand how our services should be applied to solve business problems
· Agility is key
Working knowledge of these tools:
· Microsoft Word
· Keynote / PowerPoint
· Facebook Creative Hub (Not required, but will be an added advantage)
· A storyteller
· Audio and Music abilities
· Editing skills