About the job Senior Digital Strategist/Strategic Planner
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A Senior Digital Strategic Planner must be an expert in the full range of digital disciplines including omnichannel customer experience, mobile, social, web, CRM, search and interactive, and with a good understanding of how traditional marketing can be integrated with digital. S/he must also have a general understanding of digital media and analytics.
- A digital professional who makes a major impact on the digital landscape and is well versed in multiple digital channels, platforms and innovations.
- You will drive innovative and highly effective digital marketing strategies for the agency's clients as well as act as a thought leader for the agency.
- Excellent skills in client interaction, strategic thinking and executive communication are required. Similarly excellent skills and track record in your ability to work with partner agencies.
- You will ensure highly innovative strategic thinking is applied to clients' digital plans and assist the Strategy Director and the Digital Domain Lead in leading the whole agency to create truly ground breaking digital strategies.
- An important function is to champion, improve and maximize client understanding and agency capability in terms of knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of digital marketing, data-driven strategy, customer-engagement, performance marketing and technology-driven marketing initiatives.
- You will leverage your deep understanding on how to execute digital campaigns (web, mobile, social, CRM, search, customer engagement, data-driven, experiential) with the creative, technical, client service, delivery and data & analytics teams.
- In addition, a key role will be to provide thought leadership to the agency and clients, and assist in knowledge-sharing with clients and the agency.
- Excellent digital strategic thinking that meets client needs, wins awards and meets the Ogilvy drive towards truly modern marketing.
- Working with clients and the Client Service and Delivery teams to define scope and recommended approach for major digital projects for clients.
- Play an advisory role on client engagements, serving as a digital strategy advisor to both account leads and clients.
- Serve as thought leader in aligning digital marketing strategy with a client's business goals and objectives.
- Drive high-level discussions on the role of digital within the total marketing ecosystem.
- Working with client account leaders to help convince clients of the value of digital marketing campaigns and services to their business – and help them define needs and potential solutions.
- Effective use of research tools to define target audiences and optimize marketing and media plans.
- Demonstrated expertise in online advertising, co-marketing/partnership programs and integrated campaigns.
- Researching, identifying and compiling competitive insights to guide and optimize digital marketing efforts.
- Creative ability and passionate interest in creating powerful digital marketing plans that meet client objectives.
- Strong and effective business professional communication and client presentation skills; preferred previous experience in presenting to clients from an agency perspective.
- Solid understanding of traditional marketing principles and how you apply to the digital medium.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and success factors.
- Perform detailed evaluation of client business environment including customer needs; digital capabilities, assets and properties; and competitive realities to identify unique market opportunities and threats
- Lead the design of insight-driven digital strategies from opportunity identification through to experience definition. Structure and present recommendations to senior client leadership for approval.
- Partner with creative, technology, analytics and account management to ensure successful project hand-off and work is appropriately positioned for long-term success.
- Understand and champion the allied disciplines of data & analytics; UX; UI and performance marketing.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
Five years+ experience in client-centered, agency environment (i.e. fast-paced, client or brand-centric professional experiences).
Experience in strategy consulting and/or marketing strategy across multiple industries and in an agency environment.
Professional experience developing digital marketing strategy, project managing digital programs and online advertising campaigns; ideally with large brand and global brand experience.
Strong passion for and knowledge of digital marketing, technology, social platforms, mobile marketing, emerging media and the internet as a whole. Specific consumer engagement strategy experience and data experience would be beneficial.
Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly
Excellent pubic speaking and deck-preparation / deck-presentation skills.
Proven ability to work under the pressures of an agency environment with fast-paced objectives and multiple client and internal asks.
Proven ability to bring strategic challenges to life in a way that convinces and inspires creative teams and clients – and bringing a constructive insight into the business and consumer to bear on the creative development process.
Proven ability to work with a team, but also a self-starting and resourceful independent thinker able to meet agency and client deadlines.
A digital marketing “x-factor”; something that evidences your love of this unique “mass one-to-one medium” and its advertising and engagement possibilities.