About the job Director of Integrated Strategy
Director of Integrated Strategy is a senior leader and key member of the team. As the leader of Integrated Strategy department, an ideal candidate will spearhead the evolution of strategic process and offerings to help clients’ brands better connect.
Build and mentor a strategy team to best-in-class that is the envy of the industry. And, as part of senior leadership team, actively contribute to agency culture and help lead agency overall go-to-market strategy. Insights driven theorist to take a great idea and bring it to life.
· Financial institutions.
· Consumer Packaged Goods.
· Government Entities.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
For this role we are looking for a director with 7-10 years of experience in research, statistics, social and behavioural sciences, or another related content area, , preferably in the advertising industry or similar industries would be an added advantage
· Effective and persuasive leadership comfortable with all levels of interaction across the business.
· Proven management skills and ability to manage day-to-day operations.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Respectable operational comprehension of the data and qualitative research.
· Proven client management skills and experience of client relationship building.
· Solid working expertise of the market overall and provide a broad perspective on the critical issues facing a brand.
· Deliver insight into consumers and the brand in a way that helps move the clients’ business in the right direction.
· Knowledge of and accepts responsibility for creative briefs, creative ideas and execution on the brand.
Here’s what you’ll be doing to lead Agency and Client growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The list of tasks or duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, candidates may be expected to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
- Lead brand teams in integrated strategy:
- Uncover customer insights and identify strategic opportunities based on these insights.
- Persevere in nurturing and championing the “big creative idea”
- Lead brainstorm sessions that result in areas of opportunity for the brand, concept development for new products, holistic marketing ideas and innovative ways to reach target market.
- Design and manage research projects - analyze qualitative and quantitative research results for agency and client needs, such as copy test results, MRI data, segmentation studies and consumer communications checks.
- Utilize proprietary and secondary research to identify and assess target characteristics and needs, strength of competition, and identify cultural attitudes and behaviors toward brands.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to unearth consumer insights and drive client decisions
- Optimize the impact of customer insights in program development by inspiring and partnering with creatives
- Lead Integrated Strategy Team(s):
- Oversee and actively develop, train, and mentor direct reports to continually improve output.
- Work with Client Services and Creatives to ensure all accounts are staffed appropriately to meet client and project needs.
- Evolve the agency’s strategic planning process to continually improve insight gathering, brand positioning, and creative concepting.
- Creates demand for Integrated Strategy contributions by demonstrating its impact on the brand and team.
- Actively grow the department through increased hours, and subsequent recruiting of Integrated Strategy staff
- Participate in the agency’s Senior Leadership Team(s):
- Play an active role in defining and clarifying agency short- and long-term “Go-to-Market” strategy and suite of offerings.
- Play an active role in shaping and maintaining agency culture.
- Maintain relationships with staff across departments to represent their perspective in senior leadership decision-making.
- Ideate new offerings for the agency and spearheads their implementation.
- Actively network to open new doors of opportunities for agency growth.
- Network within existing clients to gain introductions to other brands and marketers.
- Lead strategy for most new business pitches.
You’ll also be required to advance the following:
· Maximizing long-term strategic growth through the execution of growth initiatives and integration excellence.
· Work collaboratively with Senior Leadership to identify and action on key growth strategies with particular focus on growth through external partnerships.
· Support, partner, assess and lead integration management.
· Proficiency in navigating complex data systems.
· Practical understanding of performance measurement, reporting, and performance data collection and reporting.
· Demonstrated quantitative analytical skills with the ability to derive important implications from data.
- Advanced ability to build forward-thinking and partnerships.
- Advanced leadership skills, particularly in complex and cross functional teams.
- Advanced communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences, mastery in English and local language.
- Excellent business acumen and financial skills.
- Ability to manage complex processes concurrently.