About the job Product Owner
Ogilvy is looking for a keen, decisive and detail oriented Product Owner to join the Experience team. The Product Owner will be responsible for setting, prioritising, and evaluating the work generated by the development team for a key client in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the client owned ecosystem.
The Product Owner will be an extension of the client team (a leading car manufacturer) and will be required to be based in the client’s office for a portion of the week (COVID office regulations dependant).
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Create and maintain different work processes for all websites (PHP & Content), as well as their linking / exchange protocols with other portals.
2. Prioritise backlog to streamline execution and implementation of client requirements
3. Create documentation for development work to ensure seamless continuity in the event of personnel changes
4. Work closely with Client, Account Management & Development teams to ensure all jobs required are completed on spec, on time and within budget
5. Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of Design to Development and to ensure that the finished product is within QA quality with supporting documents
6. Work closely with Design to plan future projects and ensure current projects are kept to spec
7. Plan development specs for jobs so that they are future proof according to the client’s environments
8. Work with the client’s IT and IS teams to ensure smooth operations with regards to their servers and domain management, particularly with regards to data transfer security and smooth functioning
9. Plan site architecture and define user journeys for client so that the information between all their sites is consumed correctly
10. Keep up to date with the technologies used in the client ecosystem and ensure that the team are able to work across the multiple versions of the platforms used
11. Review all development work to ensure it has been built according to the designs and specifications
12. Find new and innovative technologies to improve the quality and digital standards of product delivery to client requirements
13. Own the Quality Assurance tests for the client websites, including ‘always on QA’, as well as QA for briefs/ projects.
14. Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
15. Work with the data team to implement measurement metrics for site performance
16. Analyse User Interface/User Journey Experience to identify areas for improvement in the Web system and quality
17. Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
18. Evaluate any audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
Education and Experience
· 5+ years QA experience and 3+ years Digital Project Management Experience
· Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
· Excellent knowledge of responsive, cross-platform and browser testing for multimedia delivery.
· Active working knowledge of industry standard bug tracking software, for example Jira.
· Providing feedback to the development and project management team, ensuring that the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
· Knowledge of OS X and Windows environments; Android and iOS.
· Experience in the Automobile industry advantageous
· Goal driven
· Manage pressure well
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Communication skills - verbal and written
· Problem analysis and problem solving
· Planning and organizing
· Critical thinking
· Team player
· Ability to work alone or as part of team in order to achieve deliverables
· Strong hands-on manual testing abilities with minimal specification documentation.
· Strong attention to detail, accurate, and quality conscious.