Job Openings Country Manager
About the job Country Manager
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY
The country manager has the overall responsibility manage and oversee operations, develop new business, increase profitability, recruit staff and create budgets for the agency in the assigned region.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Responsible for managing all operations within the region. This involves taking responsibility for profit, revenue, cash and quality targets.
· Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan, deliver monthly, quarterly and annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
· A key part of the role will be to produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis.
· Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, mentoring and training.
· The role is client facing and so daily contact with clients is a big part of the job, therefore the ability to communicate effectively is essential
· Contribute as a senior manager to the development of the culture and vision and positioning as a creative agency.
· Knowledge of client opinion leader profiles.
· Responsible for building and maintaining key relationships with opinion leaders.
· Identify opportunities to build opinion leader base for account team to develop additional activities within the overall programme
· Monitor and investigate market intelligence using the views of opinion leaders regarding pertinent issues (external/ product/ competition).
· Responsible for developing accounts and negotiating new business with them. Defining and negotiating the terms.
· Act as champion and leader of Ogilvy, ensuring the agency’s market reputation and interests are promoted and protected.
· Work with other members of the Ogilvy and external partners to deliver client solutions.
· Responsible for seeking new business and organic growth by following leads provided by other employees.
· Regular and frequent communication with prospects and clients to follow up on proposals and monitor client satisfaction.
Talent Management & Internal Relationships:
· Lead and inspire agency personnel ensuring high levels of personnel motivation, performance and staff retention.
· Develop a proactive inward focus on staff to pre-empt issues and identify opportunities
· Conduct PMP's (appraisal) interviews and follow-up PMP objectives.
· Maintain an overview of resourcing within the accounts ensuring that it is always appropriate.
· Implement recommendations on staffing, personal development and staff employee issues.
· Keep accurate written records of all personnel incidents and performance issues.
· Interview/recruit new personnel.
· Ensure that appropriate training is provided to employees to support their on-going development, in line with the company’s needs.
· To maximise the effective deployment of resource within the agency.
· To continually challenge the norm, and continually champion and inspire others.
· Create a culture where everyone can learn and develop.
· To inspire the highest standards in team members and contribute to the successful and profitable achievements of the client’s objectives.
· Provide senior-level client contact and manage the interaction between clients and account support staff.
· Provide clients with creative and strategic support to assist them in meeting their own internal objectives.
· Responsible for ensuring clients are serviced to the highest standard and projects are delivered to a high creative and technical standard.
· Responsible for highlighting issue management procedures for implementation by the client/account team.
· Maintain social contact with client personnel and contact about the strategic direction of the account, staffing, issues etc. in accordance with the account director.
· Manage the portfolios finances prudently and to approved budgets ensuring profit targets are at least delivered and at best surpassed.
· Manage the portfolios future resource plans and finances accordingly.
· Draft monthly, quarterly financial reports.
· External Communications and Profile.
· External Marketing (credentials, literature, advertising, promotional materials etc).
· Business Development Support focusing on presentation style and formats.
· Existing Client Development (create "ideas factory" for existing clients across all Practice areas and provide across the board cover and client care to Practice heads and account teams).
· Internal Agency Relationship Management (create/manage across wider Ogilvy and across other WPP companies).
· Supervising and ensuring quality and integrity of creative strategies
· Setting the standard for developing new, impactful and continuously innovative solutions.
PROFESSION, TECHNICAL SKILL AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some financial qualifications or training – a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
- A strong understanding of how a business operates and successful candidates will have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
- General management experience is essential for working in this job.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Ability to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- An extensive knowledge and experience of the sector the company operates within and full understanding They must fully understand the products and services provided by their company.