About the job Creative Group Head – Senior Conceptual Art Director
VACANCY IN RETAIL TEAM
The Ogilvy Retail team holds 2 major retail brands, one a discount fashion Retailer and the other a grocery retailer. We also handle retail work across a host of our local and global clients.
Creative Group Head – Senior Conceptual Art Director
We are looking for a Concept Creative to work on our fashion retail brand. The main responsibility will be to develop concepts and design for on-trend and breakthrough promotional campaigns. It also involves planning and directing photoshoots and developing visual assets that will be rolled out to several media platforms.
The Concept Creative for this role must can have an Art Direction background – but should have a strong grasp of Copywriting and should be willing to learn & upskill where needed.
Concept Creatives are client facing, conceptual thinkers who are able to work alone and in collaboration with other conceptual creatives & creative specialists. They have sufficient communication skills to visualise and sell creative ideas. When it comes to their thinking, they are channel and brand agnostic. We consider Concept Creatives to be able to think through the funnel, from big attention-grabbing platform ideas to functional bottom of the funnel conversion ideas.
We sell or else should be the guide through everything we do.
This role needs someone who can work efficiently under pressure, in collaboration with media and strategy from the get-go. We thrive in a fast pace environment in an ever-changing landscape, having a solution orientated mindset is key to succeed in this role.
THE ROLE REQUIRES
- Must have relevant qualification plus at least 8 years of experience at reputable advertising agency.
- We are looking for someone who has worked within the retail environment or worked on retail clients.
- Experience with fashion retail brands is a plus.
Copy skills required:
Strong Retail TV and radio script writing capabilities, experience in directing voice over artists and sound engineers, good ear for music and background tracks and ability to write retail headlines and copy. Must also be a strong conceptualiser. Should have a good grasp of Art Direction (ie the partner discipline) and able to work across multiple channels.
Other skills required:
Good presentation and client relationship skills, be a good team player and mentor, be innovative and solutions driven, able to plan workloads, collaborate with production to meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will work across several projects from initial conceptualisation of monthly campaigns to TV and radio scripts, social engagement ideas, headlines and copy for roll out onto various media platforms.
- Under the supervision of a Creative Director, you will be responsible for the concept and ideation of campaign ideas.
- You will be expected to mock-up ideas, and create internal and external presentations to sell in ideas to clients
- You will be required to either see those ideas through to finished work or guide your supporting team roll out the work
- You will either lead art direction and planning on photographic and TV shoots
- Or you will lead all copy requirements, develop TV and radio scripts, direct voice performances and direct social content
- You ensure that the creative team/traffic manager/production manager are aligned throughout projects, to meet deadlines
- You are responsible for overcoming any difficulties and finding solutions during the project while keeping your Creative Specialists informed throughout.
- You build strong relationships and foster good team spirit with both clients and members of the agency to bring great ideas and creative work to life
- You will have a solution focused attitude
- You have a thorough working knowledge of all agency systems: timesheets, resource, planning
- You are ultimately responsible for ensuring your work is produced efficiently and on time
- You will work in close collaboration with your seniors who will set in place a structured way of working.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- CC Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote (Art Director background)
- Microsoft: PowerPoint, Word, Excel (Copywriter background)
- ±10 years retail experience, ± 5 years in a senior role
- Portfolio of work shown must demonstrate your ability to perform this role.