About the job Digital Business Director
Preference will be given to suitably qualified previously disadvantaged candidates who add to the diversity of the company at all levels. As an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting into the Managing Partner, one of the core roles as a senior member of the team within the agency, you are responsible for client excellence and growth. With a wealth of superior client-facing and commercial experience, you will understand business challenges and opportunities, and how to deliver against them. You will lead on a portfolio of client accounts, working with the Account Directors and their respective teams to deliver effective solutions and performance.
With an astute ability to understand market and business challenges, and a great aptitude to read clients and truly appreciate what makes them tick, you will continually steer excellence within the agency, ensuring we are delivering the right services to clients to achieve their business objectives.
An essential to the overall agencies ambition to grow significantly, now and in the coming years. A well-respected figurehead that can identify, nurture talent internally and carrying best people to the right clients and building a happy, commercial, and prosperous environment.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
The right candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field, with a minimum of 3+years of prior sales engineer or business development experience or equivalent customer-facing experience preferably within the Financial Services, and FMCG sectors or related industries.
- 3+ years B2B and commercial deal negotiation and contract development experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a role with significant project leadership and analytical responsibilities.
- A strong leader with a solid proven experience expected for the role to deliver high profile brand-led advertising and marketing campaigns across high-profile client(s) base with fully integrated background.
- Strong agency experience, delivering strategic digital solutions to clients.
- A team player, willing to share knowledge and discuss approaches and tactics but also able to work independently.
- Approachable, supportive, and accountable for their own, the clients’ and the team’s performance and outputs.
- Forward thinking and solutions orientated.
- Extremely collaborative across the agency.
- A commercial business winner with the admiration to operate at decision-making level, leading senior level client relationships, identifying opportunities and capitalizing on the resources around you to win work and deliver the goods.
Here’s what you’ll be doing to lead Agency and Client growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The list of tasks or duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, candidates may be expected to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
The emphasis is that the role is a commercial leadership role and core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain successful and profitable relationships with key senior-level clients.
- Ensure clients are receiving the best growth experience.
- Lead integration and cross team collaboration, ensuring all channels are working harmoniously to achieve client’s business objectives, and that we are operating in the right channels to achieve these.
- Act as the client advocate in the agency, ensuring roadmaps/scopes of work are in line with the client’s business objectives and provide value for their business growth.
- Identify other services we can offer to support the client in meeting their business objectives as well as upsell opportunities for current services.
- Work collaboratively with the specialist teams to understand client objectives and create strategies to deliver on these, ensuring the right activity is prioritized.
- Mentor and develop the team in finding creative solutions to both client and internal challenges.
- Work with Account Directors to ensure forward-thinking on accounts and that we are pitching fresh and innovative ideas to clients.
- Support in new business pitches as and when required.
- Manage key partner relationships and ensure we are utilizing information shared to inform our client activity.
You’ll also be required to advance the following:
- Implement a business development and strategy with a plan to broaden the customer base.
- Understanding complex client needs and linking those needs into digital portfolio and capabilities.
- Articulating and differentiating the value proposition of digital portfolio to different customers and audiences.
- Experience in professional services, demand creation, communications, customer relationship management, marketing and/or business development
- Exceptional listening, relationship building, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to represent the organization passionately to potential partners, as well as listen and respond to the interests of a variety of stakeholders.
- Growing and managing a solutions portfolio by developing new and external business while maintaining a focus on customer success advocacy.
- Working with internal teams to develop partnerships that would provide complementary technical capabilities.
- Strategic digital business partnerships identifying and developing priority business lines in turn, building a customer base.
- Comfort with ambiguity and managing within shifting and/or competing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally with collegiality, humility, and respect.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to compromise and create common agendas while influencing diverse perspectives.