About the job PR Strategist
Ogilvy PR & Influence
Job Description: Mid-level Strategist
Mid-level Strategist……Business Director (direct report)
PR Strategy, InfluenceO Strategy, Crisis Communications Strategy and Counsel.
Role & Responsibilities:
The mid-level strategist must be an expert in the full range of PR & Influence disciplines and channels. They will drive innovative and highly effective PR & Influence strategies for our clients as well as act as a thought leader within the company.
Excellent client management, strategic thinking and executive communication skills are required. You will ensure highly innovative strategic thinking is applied to clients' PR & Influence plans and will lead the creation of ground-breaking strategies.
An important function is to improve and maximise the companies’ knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of PR & Influence. You will be our clients’ brand custodian and will ensure that content is aligned in achieving the strategies created.
This is a highly collaborative role, which interfaces with key internal team members in PR, creative and production, and requires a keen attention to PR, influencer & social media trends, market research and analytical abilities.
In addition, a key role will be to access the network for best practice examples and provide thought leadership to the agency and clients and run workshops and knowledge-shares with clients and the agency.
• Has depth and diversity of account experience that informs public relations counsel, crisis comms counsel and strategy.
• Has full understanding of public relations and a consistent track record of achieving public relations objectives and consistent strategies across a variety of accounts.
• Has vast written skills with experience in drafting holding statements for crisis comms and writing / approving / editing media releases, opinion pieces etc. to assist the PR team with crafting their written materials.
• Understands business trends in the industries in which PR&I operates.
• Responsible for overall development of strategies and programmes based on assistance from account teams.
• Develops and guides account directors with media relations and Influence strategies.
• Has strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to play a leadership role in a wide range of presentation settings.
• Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems.
• Develops new business strategies.
• Is capable of writing compelling award entries.
• Develops and meets new business targets for R1 million for 2021 with Business Director.
• Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and
• Helps account director meet their billability targets through creative measures.
• Is gaining awareness and understanding of our contractual agreements and their impact on agency procedures.
Initiative and general management:
• Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
• Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader.
• Delegates effectively.
• Routinely develops and implements solutions when problems arise.
• Assists peers in problem solving.
• Leverages talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
• Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues.
• Directs and facilitates others’ contributions to team, staff and client strategies.
• Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day behaviour.
• Routinely invests in building agency and client accounts and resources.
• Works with senior managers to identify and address supervisory training, leadership and career development needs.
• Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve and contribute.