About the job Creative Director
Preference will be given to suitably qualified previously disadvantaged candidates who add to the diversity of the company at all levels. As an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a candidate who is going to embrace modern marketing principles and is a self-starter. Someone with creative work that disrupts and challenges the norm and embodies our philosophy of divine discontent (never stop chasing brilliance attitude).
A thought leader within the agency, be craft-led, strategically driven, and platform neutral conceptual thinkers with a desire to transform brands by creating beautiful, intuitive, and human-centred products and experiences. The individual must be tuned into all aspects of South African popular culture and the platforms and media it plays in, as well as have a strong point of view on what it takes to win in this space.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
For this role we are looking for a Creative Director. Must have 10+ years’ experience.
· An ideal candidate needs to be a leading light for both clients and agency colleagues with the ambition to match. Will be required to provide a vision, be an inspirational leader and a tenacious salesperson.
· To complement the above, we’ll also be looking for:
o A team leader to produce breakthrough work – across digital, retail and brand.
o Ability to build client relationships.
o Fluent in at least one African Language (coherent requirement for the role) excluding English and Afrikaans.
o Ability to conceptualise in aforementioned language.
o Awarded for work in African Languages.
o Mass market Integrated retail experience.
o Strong broadcast portfolio.
· Highly conceptual individual (must demonstrate with at least 5 projects)
· Demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking (Provide 3 examples)
· Must have led the conceptualization and execution of TTL campaigns and pure digital campaigns (Show minimum of 4 examples)
· Must demonstrate an understanding of digital platforms
· Must demonstrate an ability to use multimedia programmes (Editing, recording etc.)
· Track record of winning international and local awards i.e. Cannes, One Show, Loeries, Clios, Bookmarks etc.
· Show at least 1 international and 1 local gold medals
· Must demonstrate examples of leadership skills & problem solving
· Demonstrate how you’ve previously dealt with conflict
· In-depth working knowledge of existing and emerging technologies & platforms
· A strong understanding of best practice interaction and visual design principles
Here’s what you’ll be doing to lead Agency and Client growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The list of tasks or duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, candidates may be expected to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
· Aid and lead our passionate, multi-talented studio, guiding all members to deliver exceptional, integrated concepts to exceed client briefs and expectations.
· Lead agency/client brainstorms and workshops to determine KPI’s, strategic direction and set ways of working to maintain client relationships.
· Drive integration, with weighting on digital platforms
· Scope, plan & manage the creative process on projects
· Manage & mentor creative teams
· Work with other disciplines (Strategists, Developers, Media, Accounts, etc.) to ensure cohesive team integration, and alignment with broader business objectives
· Be a champion for innovation on every project you touch
· Play an active role in campaign planning
· Drive real-time optimisation of the digital work in partnership with strategy and media
· Participate in pitches for new business
· Define the direction for overall campaigns
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Generate ideas and sell them into clients and other members of the team
· Mock-up creative ideas
· Create across multiple channels
· Consistently produce creative elements against a deliverables list
· Lead brainstorms & conceptualisation
· Oversee the craft. Whether it be the writing, design of an idea etc.
· Compile presentations for clients/figure out new ways of selling
· Attend client briefings and presentations
· Demonstrate thought leadership by keeping updated on industry trends
You’ll also be required to advance the following:
· Good understanding of influencer, Mobile, Podcast, out-of-home, guerrilla, activations and direct marketing
- Great time management
- Demonstrate ability to work under immense pressure & meet tight deadlines
- Adept problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to provide rationales for creative choices made
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to work with team members & delegate effectively
- Understand the client’s business requirements, and understand how our services should be applied to solve business problems
Working knowledge of these tools:
· Illustrator (Optional)
· After Effects (Would help)
· Keynote / PowerPoint
· Google Web Designer & DV360 (Would help)
· Facebook Creative Hub (Would help)
· 3D Animation & Production (Would help)
- An Illustrator by night
- Animator on weekends
- Editing skills