About the job Senior Strategist
A senior role within the strategy team who takes the lead in developing brand strategies that tackle clients’ business issues.
· Develop and communicate innovative and effective branding strategies and concepts including but not limited to brand positioning, product and service naming, brand architecture and employee engagement.
· Champion of our brand philosophy and ideas within the agency and to clients
· Master the art of writing a single-minded and ideas-led creative brief.
· Ensure regular constructive feedback to creative teams where appropriate to ensure work is on brief
· Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and be responsible for bigger key clients
· Ensure regular upward communication takes place to line manager and exec director to share work and get feedback
· Develop strong working partnerships with project and pitch teams including Client Services, Creative and New Business
· Support Directors with team management as and when required
· Help mentor/guide junior members of the agency team, as well as freelancers
· Drive the continued improvement of strategic brand solutions within Superunion
· Work with the team to establish best practice new ways of working and develop new tools and methodologies
· Stay abreast of latest published thinking on branding, market based trends, brand successes, failures and industry business activity (mergers, acquisitions, opportunities)
· Excellent understanding of all branding deliverables and associated disciplines such as brand positioning, brand architecture, product and service naming, messaging, segmentation, research
· Ability to develop influential and effective relationships (internally and externally) across the team and client base
· Able to independently manage larger projects and sell ‘big ideas’ by inspiring a senior client group
· Commercially astute, with the ability to identify revenue opportunities and risks whilst working on projects
· Able to identify connections between projects, trends, emerging issues and basis for prospecting
· Able to craft and deliver client presentations and facilitate workshops at a senior or board level
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Demonstrable experience of leading corporate and FMCG/consumer brand projects
· Previous experience in similar role, client or agency or client side marketing
· Educated to degree level or equivalent