About the job Creative Director
ABOUT THE ROLE
Since we believe in creative work that disrupts, we are looking for a candidate who is going to embrace modern marketing principles and is a self-starter. Someone who challenges the norm and embodies our philosophy of divine discontent (Never stop chasing brilliance attitude).
For this role we are looking for a Creative Director. Must have 10+ years’ experience.
The successful candidate needs to be a leading light for both clients and agency colleagues; a self-starter with the ambition to match. They will be required to provide a vision, be an inspirational leader and a tenacious salesperson.
To complement the above, we’ll also be looking for:
- Highly conceptual individual (Must demonstrate with at least 5 projects)
- Demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking (Provide 3 examples)
- Must have lead the conceptualization and execution of TTL campaigns and pure digital campaigns (Show minimum of 4 examples)
- Must demonstrate an understanding of digital platforms
- Must demonstrate an ability to use multimedia programmes
- (Editing, recording etc.)
- Track record of winning international and local awards i.e., Cannes, One Show, Loeries, Clios, Bookmarks etc.
- Show at least 1 international Silver and 1 local gold medals
- Must demonstrate examples of leadership skills & problem solving
- Demonstrate how you’ve previously dealt with conflict
- Working knowledge of existing platforms
- A strong understanding of best practice interaction and visual design principles
As a Creative Director you will help lead our passionate, multi-talented studio guiding all members to deliver exceptional, integrated concepts to exceed client briefs and expectations.
A Creative Director is a thought leader within the agency, so they can expect to be craft-led, strategically driven, and platform neutral conceptual thinkers with a desire to transform brands by creating beautiful, intuitive, and human-centred products and experiences.
The individual must be tuned into all aspects of South African popular culture and the platforms and media it plays in, as well as have a strong point of view on what it takes to win in this space.
What you’ll do everyday
- You will lead client agency/client brainstorms & workshops to determine KPI’s, strategic direction and set ways of working to maintain client relationships
- Drive integration, with weighting on digital platforms
- Scope, plan & manage the creative process on projects
- Manage & mentor creative teams
- Work with other disciplines (Strategists, Developers, Media, Accounts, etc.) to ensure cohesive team integration, and alignment with broader business objectives
- Be a champion for innovation on every project you touch
- Play an active role in campaign planning
- Drive real-time optimisation of the digital work in partnership with strategy and media
- Participate in pitches for new business
- Define the direction for overall campaigns
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Generate ideas and sell them into clients and other members of the team
- Mock-up creative ideas
- Create across multiple channels
- Consistently produce creative elements against a deliverables list
- Lead brainstorms & conceptualisation
- Oversee the craft. Whether it be the writing, design of an idea etc.
- Compile presentations for clients/figure out new ways of selling
- Attend client briefings & presentations
- Demonstrate thought leadership by keeping updated on industry trends
You’ll also be required to develop the following:
- Good understanding of influencer, Mobile, Podcast, out-of-home, guerrilla, activations and direct marketing
- Great time management
- Demonstrate ability to work under immense pressure & meet tight deadlines
- Adept problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to provide rationales for creative choices made
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to work with team members & delegate effectively
- Understand the client’s business requirements, and understand how our services should be applied to solve business problems
Working knowledge of these tools:
- Illustrator (Optional)
- After Effects (Would help)
- KeyNote / PowerPoint
- Google Web Designer & DV360 (Would help)
- Facebook Creative Hub (Would help)
- 3D Animation & Production (Would help)
- An Illustrator by night
- Animator on weekends
- Editing skills