About the job Managing Partner
Reporting into the agency Managing Director, essentially taking control of a team of client service experts, with a pedigree of delivering creative and brand led integrated advertising and marketing campaigns across a high profile B2C client base.
Highly commercial business leader with a track record of winning and delivering creatively and brand led projects and clients (across multiple sectors, from retail, FMCG to financial services) with commerciality and the ability to drive business opportunities into and through your team.
An essential to the overall agencies ambition to grow significantly, now and in the coming years. A well-respected figurehead that can identify, nurture talent internally and carrying best people to the right clients and building a happy, commercial, and prosperous environment.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- The right candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field, with a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience as an experienced agency leader is expected for the role with a proven background of delivering high profile creative and brand-led advertising and marketing campaigns across high-profile client(s) base with fully integrated background. Quite often, managing partners are promoted from roles of client service directors or business directors.
- A natural business lead with a talent for new business to lead a group of existing clients (international retail, telecoms, FMCG) as well as developing new business and leading pitches.
- A commercial business winner with the admiration to operate at decision-making level, leading senior level client relationships, identifying opportunities and capitalising on the resources around you to win work and deliver the goods.
Here’s what you’ll be doing to lead Agency and Client growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The list of tasks or duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, candidates may be expected to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
The emphasis is that the role is a commercial leadership role and core responsibilities will include:
- Commercial business leadership and management.
- Accountable for overall account performance, profitability, and growth.
- Build and maintain positive and enduring client relationships across multiple levels including senior executives.
- Acts as a client business partner and maintain a comprehensive understanding of client business.
- Excellent understanding of associated commercial expertise, technical knowledge and interest in future technology.
- Ability to recognise, nurture and work cross channel (account dependent).
- Maintaining positive client relationships and driving new acquisitions.
- Consulting and cooperating with other executives, and board members.
- Managing, monitoring, and reviewing business operations.
- Identifying improvement gaps and implementing corrective measures.
- Reviewing and overseeing all financial activities, performance, and documentation.
You’ll also be required to advance the following:
- Combining the best talents in order to service existing and new clients effectively.
- Strong commercial objectives and a responsibility to improve the quality of talent and delivery of this through the creative product.
- Work closely with the HODs to ensure the right people, process and commercial objectives are delivered.
- A blend of passion, dedication and imagination.
- Think big and you work hard.
- See the whole picture and you care about the details.
- Oversee daily business operations and provide overall strategic direction.
- Setting strategic goals and objectives, supervising daily activities, monitoring performance, and driving business growth.
- Purposefully guide business operations and employees to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Extensive managerial experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Executive decision-making skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical mindset and exceptional people skills.
- Exceptional business acumen.