About the job Business Unit Director
Social.Lab is where creative excellence meets digital performances.
We're a modern creative agency in every sense with a culture of curiosity, exploration and growth. We want to do more, to push harder for greatness. We're eager to redefine the boundaries of what advertising can be and how brands can reach new audiences, as technology reshapes our industry. Our growth plan is driven by offering our expertise to both local and international clients through a multi-market footprint.
All disciplines work together in our bright, open-plan office, with a friendly culture and creatively permissive environment. We cherish our entrepreneurial spirit and embrace the opportunity to rethink marketing and communications while challenging the status quo.
We are looking for a:
Business Unit Director
An individual who possesses a strong digital and client service background to nurture and develop some of the most loved and established national and international brands.
Include but not limited to:
1. Client Servicing:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients in South Africa and partners in the broader African region.
- Act as the primary point of contact and trusted advisor for key clients, ensuring their needs are met and exceeded.
2. Relationship Management:
- Interact confidently with managers and influence decisions in a complex agency ecosystem.
- Use your persuasive and leadership skills to gain trust and collaboration from stakeholders.
3. Project Management:
- Demonstrate great project management abilities to oversee and coordinate client projects across multiple markets.
- Ensure timely delivery, effective communication, and efficient resource allocation to achieve project goals and client satisfaction.
4. Social Media Operations:
- Possess a good understanding of social media operations (content, social listening, media, reporting) and implementation strategies.
- Stay updated on industry trends, platforms, and best practices to drive effective social media campaigns.
5. Financial Acumen:
- Apply your financial acumen to understand the budgeting and financial processes involved in projects.
- Collaborate with the finance team to develop project estimates, monitor costs, and ensure profitability.
6. Political Navigation:
- Navigate complex political landscapes within the organization and external markets.
- Strike a balance between following global instructions and adapting strategies to regional requirements, while maintaining agility and speed in execution.
7. Agency Culture
- Embody and practice the values of Ogilvy and Social.Lab
- Understands how best to present the agency's work in a client forum to the best effect.
- Keep all relevant teams and Heads informed on client/account issues.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for the role would have the following background:
- Min 8 years' experience in an account servicing role
- Exposure to a digital environment
- A minimum of 3 years managing and leading a team
- An understanding of all touchpoints within the digital landscape specifically on the content and creative side
- Strong ability to control the financials and budgets.
- Comfortable in growing senior client relationships and business.
- Self-motivated with a high energy level, and an enthusiastic team-player
- Flexible and open to work in an agile and fast paced environment
- Self-reliant and accountable you should be able to take strategic control of all accounts within your portfolio.
- Skillful project management
- Full-time job within a growing and trendsetting agency
- Global client portfolio
- Attractive package and benefits
- Continuous trainings. Career conversation and growing opportunities
- Flexible homeworking policy