About the job Software Developer (C#.NET)
Who we are
Our client began as a Queensland based Internet Service Provider in 1995 and has grown to become a leading technology and telecommunications company.
We deliver world class communication solutions to Australian businesses and organizations using innovative technologies. We offer a wide range of services across the Internet, IP Telephony and telecommunications sector and provide highly customized solutions to meet customer requirements and their dynamic needs.
About the role
Reporting to the Development Lead, in your role you will work with our staff to ensure our products and internal systems are fully operational, while working with the development team to code our next generation of products and systems to bring to market.
Technical Skills required include:
- Strong .NET, Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code skills
- Strong JQuery, C#, VB.NET, MVC, Web API skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new languages (including GoLang and Rust)
- Strong database skills MS-SQL and Postgres including a strong capability to write T-SQL, views, understand index management and complex SQL query constructs.
- Experience with Non-SQL Database systems including Redis/Cassandra/MongoDB/etc
- Kubernetes/Docker and LXC/LXD containerisation knowledge would be beneficial
- Skill to assess problems, needs, and issues and translate those into technical resolutions
- Build and Interpret specifications, technical designs and flow charts, builds
- Maintain and modify the existing code
- Experience and knowledge of CI/CD tools Azure DevOps Server
Coding Capabilities to:
- Code quickly and effectively with quality code output
- Strong attention to detail
- Identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- Run testing, debugging and perform diagnostic investigations to fix bugs, gaps and software short-comings.
- Test and execute code to ensure that the desired results are produced and minimise external testing required
- Write and maintain code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications.
- Adapt where required to use the coding standards of existing code.
Skills and Other Capabilities:
- Write, update and maintain technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures or develop where required
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
- Assist to manage Azure DevOps for the team including oversee the product backlog, allocate and complete and tasks in an efficient way and reviewed in line with development expectations
- Work with Development Team to help design new features and products
- Write and design coding flow charts and models
- Clearly and regularly communicate colleagues
- Design and update database schemas, tables, structures and layouts
- Test and maintain existing software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Implement contingency plans.
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Listening skills
- Ability to Analyse Information and make smart business decisions
- Strong multi-tasking skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Capability Reigns. Experience, coding and communications skill, and programming credibility are the key drivers for success in this role.
- 5+ years experience in web and software development