About the job Junior Accountant
About the Client:
Our client, head quartered in San Francisco, California, and listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange, is a membership-based primary health care practice on a mission to make getting quality care more affordable, accessible, and enjoyable for all through a blend of human-centred design, technology, and an exceptional team.
About the Role:
Our client is looking for an individual with strong organizational skills who has the ability to thrive in a demanding and fast-paced environment and will be part of a team dedicated to supporting the entire organization, working cross-functionally with other departments, executing all aspects of the monthly general ledger close process and the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables. This role will also assist with the design, scoping, and implementation of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning general accounting functions and reconciliations.
- Prepare various general ledger entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with accounts payable invoice coding and employee expense processing
- Create fixed assets and run depreciation along with reviewing and the subledger and completing the fixed asset reconciliations
- Prepare cash account reconciliations and follow up on reconciling items
- Assist with SEC filings including quarterly 10-Q report and the earnings release
- Assist with process and control walkthroughs, process and control documentation updates, and identify and evaluate risks applicable to processes and controls, and their inter-dependencies
- Assist with test procedures to assess controls for design and operating effectiveness
- Participate in accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- 0-2 years of experience in accounting or related field
- Desire to be part of a high performing team
- Strong attention to detail and process-oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Excel
- Innate curiosity and the drive to ask questions and find solutions
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technology platforms and tools quickly
- Strong collaborator
- Good judgment, problem identification and problem-solving ability
If you are a highly motivated individual looking for a new career opportunity in a dynamic and exciting industry, we’d love to hear from you!