About the job Payroll Specialist
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring all assigned employees receive accurate payroll at the same time processed on schedule. This roles responsibility is to also ensure that completed and produced on time to the employees. He/she will ensure they are all current with procedural changes applied accordingly to better assist the employees.
- End-to-End processing of payroll
- Ensures the payroll process is completed from start to finish, including tasks such as calculating pay, processing transactions, and maintaining records
- Ensures that payroll-related documents are accurate, complete, and in compliance with government mandates
- Assists in addressing employee queries regarding payroll systems or transactions
- Process 13th month, Pre-annualization and Annualization.
- Ensures all employees are within the payroll system
- The role will oversee including but not limited to submission of payroll input and instructions, calculation and review of withholding taxes and any other deductions, addressing payroll-related queries and/or escalations, as well
as maintenance of accurate payroll records.
- The role may be expected to have knowledge in updated payroll laws and regulations, labor advisories and statutory wages and/or benefits.
- Raises issues and risks encountered in operations.
- Prepares and provide ad hoc reports, on a per request or per need basis.
- Assist in documenting new processes and updates existing ones if necessary.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Finance/Accountancy or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of payroll experience preferred
- Payroll experience in a BPO/Offshoring setting is a plus
- Robust knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office products
- Possess a high level of math proficiency
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
- Prior experience meeting crucial deadlines and proactively
communicating importance to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively contribute to an awesome customer service experience, developing lasting relationships with internal and external people
- Take initiative and are willing to roll up your sleeves to own all parts of payroll as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Analytical mindset with the ability to dig into details and draw insights from data to assist customers
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment where you can be a self-directed, independent worker
- Ability to create an inclusive workplace where everyone
- Amenable to WORK ONSITE
- Can start ASAP is highly preferred
- Strong drive for results, accuracy and control compliance
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive in anticipating problems which may occur
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, in a dynamic environment.
- Skilled in developing professional relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and peers
- Flexible and adaptable in learning new process
- Hardworking and independent
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Meticulous and results-oriented
- Mature, self-motivated, initiative, and flexible