Job Openings Technical Support Representative - II
About the job Technical Support Representative - II
The Locker Technician successfully supports the operations of the Vlocker and Click N Collect business focusing on providing locker solutions support to clients internationally and also includes the installation and support services to corporate clients.
The fundamental purpose of the locker technician is responsible for installing and maintaining locker cabinets and related IT software/hardware systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Computers and Software:
- Setup new computers for Vlocker and Click N Collect purposes
- Install Vlocker and Click N Collect and other required software
- Support existing computerised locker systems
Customer Service and Telephone Support:
- Assist installed locker sites with trouble shooting and repairs via remote access support and phone support
- Maintain daily/weekly time sheet records for payroll, billing and accounting purposes
- Maintain service records for locker sites
- Other duties as directed by the Systems Engineer
- Technical / Professional Knowledge: experience in the I.T. industry including knowledge of current leading hardware and software products. Ability to read, analyse and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental/professional standards, regulations and legislation. Ability to write appropriate reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Persuasiveness: ability to respond to/and negotiate favourable outcomes from enquiries/complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Customer Service Orientation: proactively develops customer relationships by efficiently understanding the customer (internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction and goal achievement.
- Analysis/Problem Solving: ability to apply concepts such as complex fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve detailed practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists. Ability to define problems, collect data, research, establish facts and draw valid conclusions in a variety of practical situations for legislative compliance. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Priority Management: organises work and time allocation to achieve/exceed expectations. Works in an organised and methodical manner; sets and meets own work objectives; strives to improve own performance.
- Change and Innovation: able to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of changing situations; supports and drives change. Generates creative solutions to work situations.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: high level verbal and written communication skills. Ability to gather and receive information, assimilate ideas and convey information to others in a clear, concise manner. Relates well to other people, both superiors and subordinates. Uses appropriate methods of networking and sharing to gain cooperation, assistance and information from others. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Measurement of KPIs
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks.
Ensure the business provides the highest level of customer service and ensure the business responds to customer support requests within agreed time frames.
- Preparation of operating/technical manuals.
- Effective time management skills to complete duties within a defined work schedule.
- Must be prepared to work flexible working hours due to the requirement of the business.
- Ability to work within a team environment and work autonomously.
- Tertiary Qualifications or relevant industry experience (preferred).
- We require persons with knowledge on Windows based PC support
- A basic understanding/awareness of SQL database that will indicate the appropriate level IT knowledge required for further training.
- Understanding of networking components and their role in an environment (Router, Switch) would be viewed favourably. Any experience in remote access of PCs via any method (Teamviewer, Remote Desktop Connection, AnyDesk, etc) is highly preferred.