About the job Operations Centre Engineer
The role is responsible for:
- Assisting Uniti Group customers by providing an outstanding experience for all our products and services.
- Providing Uniti Group customers with timely and accurate adds, moves, or changes to their existing services in line with relevant SLA's.
- Assisting Uniti Group customers to utilise their services to their fullest potential by providing technical customer service to resolve incidents in line with relevant SLA's.
- Providing timely and accurate responses to client enquiries, service requests or incidents.
- Prioritise, classify, troubleshoot, investigate, and diagnose incidents or faults affecting Uniti Group customers or partner products and services, and coordinate the resolution of these incidents within the applicable SLA frameworks.
- Analyse, plan, deploy and test requested adds, moves, and changes for Uniti Group customers or partner services within the applicable SLA frameworks.
- Provide regular, relevant, clear, frequent, and proactive updates on customer tickets to ensure our customers are kept informed throughout the ticket resolution lifecycle.
- Create a positive experience and relationship in all client interactions, maintaining a professional and friendly manner whilst prioritising a positive customer experience.
- Maintain up to date, clear and concise ticket notes.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the upstream carrier relationships for incidents affecting Uniti Group services including the escalation of any carrier faults once they have breached their outlined SLAs.
- Participate in a on call rotation, assisting Uniti Group customers outside normal support/business hours
- Maintain high levels of technical competency through continued learning and application of relevant research, training, self-study, and certification.
- Establish, maintain, and improve operating procedures and associated documentation in confluence.
- Assist other Operational teams with rollouts of large, complex, or major ports, activations, or new service setups.
- Assist project and development teams to test troubleshoot and provide feedback for new products and services.
The list of required tasks for the role may vary from time to time and will overlap strongly with the service delivery team based on the requirements of the Company. Any major variations need to be discussed and agreed upon by both you and your manager.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a Service Desk environment
- Fundamental knowledge of VoIP and SIP message flows.
- Experience working in a troubleshooting environment focusing on incidents and service requests.
Desired not required:
- Experience within an ITIL environment
- SIP School certification or other voice certifications
- Cisco CCENT, CCNA and /or CCVA
- Experience with voice in the cloud or exposure to cloud related systems
- Exposure to PBX systems
Critical Knowledge & Skills required
- Passion for providing and outstanding customer experience.
- Proven ability to communicate with non-technical end users, highly technical IT managers, outsourced customer IT support teams, carrier call centres.
- Proven ability to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/innovative approach to problems and opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Have a curious mindset.