About the job Tax Accountant
The Tax Accountant will be a key part of the Exact Accounts and Northern Valleys Tax & Business Services team. Reporting to and working (remotely) alongside the principal accountant and existing team members to execute the efficient and smooth processing of client taxation and accounting requirements and ensure a positive client experience.
Main duties of the role
- Attend to client taxation and financial reporting requirements as required.
- Lodgement of regulatory documentation with relevant institution as required.
- Client accounting duties as required.
- Attend to Payroll reconciliation requirements, STP lodgement and troubleshooting.
- Attend to telephone and online face to face enquiries from clients and responding or redirecting to another team member as required.
- Communication with all relevant regulatory authorities as required by the practice.
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal data and apply appropriate systems to preserve the confidentiality of information.
- Maintain work-flow schedules as required.
- Follow Practice policies and procedures.
- All other reasonable and lawful direction required by the practice from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience, and Knowledge
- 2-5 years of public practice tax accounting experience
- Degree qualification in tax accounting
- Experience in Australian Taxation law and processes
- Previous approval for ATO access
- Proficiency in taxation client accounting software e.g., Xero, MYOB
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365
- Natural organisational and task management skills
- Ability to follow existing systems and procedures effectively
- Ability to engage and maintain appropriate relationships
Nice to have:
- Self-Managed Super Fund experience
- Self-Managed Super Fund software experience BGL
- Absolute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communications skills to engage professionally with
- clients and colleagues
- Strong team player, with a willingness to assist and learn from
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to self-manage tasks
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
- Have the highest levels of integrity and discretion
- A keen eye for both the big picture and the finer details