About the job ASSOCIATE, FUND MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
Our client is a regional asset management firm. You shall support the management on all internal operational and financial elements of the firm. In addition, you will be overseeing additional ad hoc firm needs such as project management, content management, event planning and other items as required.
Fund Management & Operations
- Perform periodic valuation calculations on funds and portfolio companies as well as assess the impact of financing & capitalization events to fund holdings & performance,
- Responsible for on-going fund administration and periodic fund accounting, which include maintenance of an internal shadow book to verify & approve administrators calculations,
- Maintain & update fund documentations and provide the management with periodic fund statements/reports,
- Assist the management in planning & executing capital calls, perform cash reconciliation, manage fund wires & cash flows, manage & execute payment for fund expenses,
- As and when required, assist the management in launching new funds and/or investment vehicles, including coordinating and executing fund formation processes and documentations with service providers,
- Ensure the fund management entity fulfils all A/I LFMC CMS license holder requirements at all times (the firms compliance function may be supported by external compliance service providers),
- Assist the management in periodic internal & external audits and other compliance-related projects/events e.g. risk assessments,
- With the assistance of external corporate secretary, accounting/bookkeeping, and compliance service providers, ensure accurate and timely filings to ACRA, IRAS and MAS,
Internal Operations & Administration
- Review and manage the internal accounting/bookkeeping of the fund management entity, which includes accounts payable/receivable transactions, payroll, and other corporate income & expenses,
- Review and reporting of monthly management accounts,
- Establish and maintain the Firms CRM database (clients information management),
- Manage and periodically update the firms webpages, social media & content platforms for the groups branding and marketing,
- Manage the day-to-day office facility, resources and operations as required,
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent qualifications (Finance, Accounting or Business preferred),
- At least 4 years of back-office fund management operations experience, preferably with hands-on operational execution in fund administration & accounting,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Exceptional attention to detail including accurate financial & accounting management and reporting,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (native or bilingual proficiency) and a second Asian language (Korean preferred, minimum professional proficiency),
- An independent thinker and self-started, able to work in a low-oversight environment as well as a cross-geographical team setting.