PATRIOT® is an Information Technology and Management Consulting firm able to provide end-to-end technical and technology support services to both the federal government and enterprise corporations. With a proven record of consistent, timely service and subject matter expertise we make insurmountable tasks possible to overcome.
We currently have a need for a Release Engineer located in Jacksonville, FL.
The Release Engineer with be responsible for working on a variety of development and deployment projects, ensuring that each version and release is thoroughly tested for performance and reliability. This position requires extensive familiarity with scripting languages along with adherence to best practices for version control and bug tracking. The selected candidate will work with developers, project managers, and leadership, to ensure the final products are being, released in a secure and standardized environment.
- Helps define and enforce the procedures for promoting code to production
- Responsible for managing the Build Server(s) including all of the tools and software necessary to faithfully build packages targeted to production
- Ensures that all dependencies for each build are present and accounted for
- Enforces and maintains software versioning
- Organizes and Maintains the production software repository (This is a repo which contains software which has been tested, verified, and released for production)
- Gathers, organizes, and maintains a repository of 3rd-party dependencies (libraries, 3rd-party plug-ins, SDKs, etc.)
- Works with developers to compile and include standard release notes and associated documentation for each release
- In addition, this role will include various technical documentation responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum 2 years of DevOps in a complex IT environment developing software.
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively with technical and operations teams, architects, security, program managers and business users.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Produce clear documentation geared to all stakeholders.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environment
- The ability to monitor and manage Jira (and, to some extent, Confluence)
- The ability to monitor and manage GitHub, including GitHub Actions
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: email@example.com
Patriot Technology and Business Partners, Inc. (PATRIOT®) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. PATRIOT® does not permit or condone any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity by the Company’s managers, associates or vendors.
Procedures Environment Professional Services Operations Version Control Performance Services ARe Managing Technical Documentation Communications Religion Development Architects Confluence DevOps Resume Project Managers Reliability Github Developers JIRA Security Linux Vendors Windows Email Documentation Software Leadership Business