Associate Manager, Finance Actuarial
· KPI and SOE Reporting (30%):
- Support the internal reporting requirements on Key Performance Indicators and Source of Earnings analysis, presenting and communicating the results to key stakeholders.
· Business Plan (30%):
- Performs financial projections for annual business plan, including modelling and assumption setting, presentation of submissions, and effective coordination across multiple teams.
· Asset Liability Management (ALM) (20%):
- Collaborate with Investments to ensure achievement of financial objectives and plans within approved risk management framework and appetite.
- Develop and enhance ALM capability to support requests from ALCO, and product initiatives.
- Support ALCO meeting, including meeting material preparation.
· People Leadership and Resource Management (20%):
- Provide guidance and support to direct report in his/her career development.
- Attract and retain the best talent.
- Identify and promote rotational opportunities, where possible.
· Management scope:
- Total number of direct reports: 1
- Total number of staff managed (direct and indirect): 1
· Specialized knowledge:
- Possesses broad and deep expertise in life insurance actuarial concepts and their application. Understands how assumption changes affect results, directs bottom-up checking of models before delivering output.
- Sufficient knowledge of own processes to be able to train other colleagues and document existing processes.
- Demonstrates organized way of thinking about complex concepts.
· Problem solving:
- Strong problem solving skills are required.
· Education and Experience:
- University degree related to actuarial science
- At least 5 years actuarial experience in life insurance industry
- Technical experience with Moody’s AXIS modelling software is preferred
· Communication scope:
- Finance, Investments, Product and Strategy, and Distribution teams to facilitate creation of Business Plan financials, forecasts, and source of earnings analysis.
- ALCO stakeholders to ensure timely escalation of all ALM issues to the appropriate levels
Benefits / Offers
· A competitive salary and incentives package, including an annual bonus program that recognizes stronger performances with higher rewards.
· A flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you and your family.
· Pension, stock and savings programs to help build your savings and enhance your future financial security.
· Fitness and wellness programs that help you balance work and life, manage your health and live a healthy lifestyle.
· Flexible work arrangements.