Swine/Sow Farm Chief - Expats - North Vietnam
About the Company
- Applied for Department of Research, Application and Development of Swine in the North
- Reports to: Regional manager and Manager of Department of Research, Application and Development of Swine in the North
- Subordinates: 25-50 staff
- Mission: Monitorining livestock activities to achieve the best efficiency and productivity according to the set goals for the assgined farm
- Working location: Vinh Phuc, Vietnam
- Bywork and activities of daily living at the assigned farm; be responsible for the productivity of the assigned farm
- Know how to organize, arrange, and operate personel from each department and each position (farrowing pen, gestation pen, maintenance,...)
- Understand and properly implement SOP of the department.
- Provide trainning for employees and workers
- Responsible for controlling 3 rounds of biosafety of the farm
- Combine with the farm Admin, the farm staff, manage the company's assets delivered to the farm, prevent losses.
- Detect risk of loss of farm assets, report to management to take preventive measures
- Make plan to repair and maintain the farm's items to send to the relevant departments
- Understand and set up a plan to change the herd of the farm (Pig in gilts, culling the sows by week)
- Gestation house
1. Understand productivity goals: farrowing rate (%), Total born per sow, piglet birth weight
2. Know how to assign tasks, work planning, sabbatical leave and supervise the degree of accomplishment of individual's work in gestation house
3. Directly operate and take responsibility in the gestation house during the time the head of house is on leave
4. Understand and plan the operation of the farm: 1,200 sows, 2,400 sows: about the number of gilts to be replenished and the number of sows to be mated weekly
5. Understand each work and work planning, supervise the degree of accomplishment of individual's work in gestation house, (vaccine schedule, mating schedule, ultrasound calendar, disinfection.
- Farrowing house
1. Understand productivity goals: Stillborn rate (%), piglet losses (%), weaned piglet weight, % of sow first services, piglet loss(wean), Inflammation rate of sows…)
2. Know how to assign tasks, work planning, sabbatical leave and supervise the degree of accomplishment of individual's work in farrowing house
3. Understand the work of each location on the farrowing house: farrowing team,treatment team, day and night shift staff From there, plan on training, arranging personnel, supervise the degree of accomplishment of individual's work in farrowing house.
4. Directly operate and take responsibility in the farrowing house during the time the head of house is on leave
- Complete and send reports day, week, month and year as prescribed.
- There are initiatives to improve the productivity of farms and departments
- Promptly report on farm incidents to management levels
- Weekly, monthly, it is necessary to collect and analyze data on the productivity of the farm, report to the manager to give timely solutions to ensure the goals have been set
- Re-check daily reports of head of the barn, then add and finalize the report that is sent to the Admin, management and forward for person involved
- Recheck and sign orders (Feed, vaccine ....)
- Bachelor’s degrees in any livestock animal agriculture-related field
- At least 5-year degree in the Agricultural field or equivalent in practical work experience.
- Effective teamwork skills, running the job and employee supervision skill
- Familiar with raising unit of 1,200 productive sows
- Asian expats are welcome for applications