Senior Process Safety Engineer (hydrocarbon processing / PHA / Plant)
- Purpose of the role is to further develop and implement Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and policies with primary responsibility to ensure Process Safety principles are applied in design, engineering and daily operation and maintenance practices and process safety risks are prevented in advance or mitigated effectively through greater systematic PSM application
- Lead the effort to develop the Process Safety practices, culture & enhance the knowledge within the country to provide the required support for engineering and operations.
- Ensure successful deployment of Process Safety skills and competencies across all appropriate engineering, operations, and commercial activities within the country.
- Build an expertise in process safety and risk management.
- Support and coordinate country level Process Safety activities viz. Hazop/PHA, QRA/ FSS studies, MOC review; Incident investigation, Emergency Response reviews, Process Safety Information, Operating Procedures, Pre-Start Up Safety Reviews.
- Support reporting of process safety metrics etc.
- Track all action items generated from process safety elements & ensure that these are closed within agreed timelines.
- Manage the hydrocarbon risk assessment process to ensure that the risks are under control to acceptable risk level and the time between thaws is maximised
- Ensure the criteria for Process Safety aspects (frequency, scope, auditor competence, training, corrective action management) for the LiMSS audit programme and ensure that the criteria is satisfied by the site
- Input to the Management of Change (EMOC) system as a reviewer
- Collaborate with SHEQ in driving improvement in critical safety management systems adherence
- Ensure that all process safety incidents are identified & reported in accordance with organization reporting criteria. Increase awareness, support and promote Process Safety Tier-3 incident reporting.
- Coordinate with regional team & ensure that regular process safety audit is done as per frequency. Participate in audits as required in site as well as in other regional audits.
- Provide awareness of process safety to country operation and reliability team members, ensuring project hazard reviews and operating plant hazard/reviews and risk and consequence analysis are carried out in accordance with corporate policy
- Ensure Process Safety training is given to relevant people in the country, so that appropriate knowledge and skill exists in the organization.
- Support identification, development, sharing, and implementation of Process Safety global standards, work processes, best practices, training and tools
- Ensure that the Risk Review process is implemented at the sites.
- Provide oversight on the implementation of key Process Safety improvement programs; and help drive continuous enhancement in the process safety performance.
- Ensure that lessons from any process safety incidents or near misses are shared and actions taken to prevent re-occurrence.
- Primary Interface between site Operations / reliability teams and the Regional Process Safety Team. Support the development of site process safety implementation plans in line with Global/Regional strategy.
- Manage the hydrocarbon risk assessment process for the site to ensure all the risks are under control to acceptable risk levels
- Ensure the compilation of PSM related set of documents is kept up to date and liaise with the document controller and respective document owners to ensure a robust documentation system is always maintained.
- Drive and monitor compliance to company work processes and country regulatory requirements pertaining to process safety elements.
- Lead and resolve all the Process safety requirements with the Singapore government authorities as needed.
- Support and contribute to defining requirements, review proposed design and participate in stage gate reviews as necessary for new plant projects.
- Ensure cascading of Directives/Alerts and support implementation plan to ensure action completion within targeted timeline.
- Provide support for Emergency response plan (ERP) review
- Min degree in Engineering, chemical engineering preferred with minimum ten years of engineering or plant operations experience of which min 5 years in Process Safety Management
- Able to use Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent system skills- SAP/RBI/PTW/ISO
- Good command of local language and English
- Able to use judgment/ make decisions at high level
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities with tight timeline.
- An In-depth knowledge of hydrocarbon processing facility design and operations.
- Experience with using risk management techniques including Qualitative and Quantitative
- Prior knowledge of Process hazard analysis (PHA) techniques
- Demonstrated strength and willingness to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Good collaborative mind set and presentation techniques.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in business economics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred - Active membership in industry organizations such as the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) or membership in other recognized local organizations.
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Interested applicants may wish to email your resume in a detailed Word format to email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Cindy Char Sin Yi
EA License Number: 02C4944
Registration Number: R1765345
People Profilers Pte Ltd
11 Collyer Quay, The Arcade, #13-01, Singapore 049317