Job Openings Brewer
About the job Brewer
Job Description:A Beer Brewer meticulously crafts various beer types, overseeing the brewing process from ingredient selection to fermentation. Responsibilities include recipe development, quality control, and equipment maintenance, ensuring each batch meets high standards.
- Experience in brewing craft beer, including knowledge of different styles and techniques.
- Knowledge of the brewing process, including fermentation, aging, and bottling.
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitary brewing environment to ensure the quality and safety of the beer.
- Proficiency in using brewing equipment, including mash tuns, kettles, fermenters, and bottling machines.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure consistency in flavor, aroma, and appearance of the beer.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during the brewing process.
- Physical ability to lift heavy bags of grain and move large containers of liquid.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop new beer recipes and flavors
- Operate and monitor equipment and machinery used in beer production
- Ensure all ingredients are measured and mixed correctly
- Clean and sanitize brewing equipment and facilities according to industry standards
- Monitor fermentation process and perform quality control tests
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to promote and sell beer products
- Stay up to date with industry trends and developments in beer brewing techniques
- Train and supervise assistant brewers and other brewery staff members
- Set up and adjust food or beverage processing and packaging machines
- Operate single-function machines to grind, extract, mix, blend, dry, freeze, cook or otherwise process food or beverage products
- Operate single-function machines to box, can or otherwise package food or beverage products
- Check products to ensure conformance to company standards and clear machine blockages as required
- Record production information such as quantity, weight, size, date and type of products packaged
- Perform corrective machine adjustments, clean machines and immediate work areas.