About the job Electrical Engineer
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to work with our Engineering team on various projects. This Engineer will be responsible for aiding the electrical engineering in the Design Team from conception to completion including RFP submissions, concept design, schematic design, design development, contract documentation, specifications, contract administration and construction solutions. The incumbent will report to the Manager, Engineering, and will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Design, develop and test on a variety of electrical engineering assignments that
- constitute a portion of a larger project.
- Responsible to provide single line diagrams as well as distribution solutions and
- Provide consultation on electrical solutions during project construction.
- Prepare design and contract documents (reports, drawings and specifications)
- for electrical systems including raceways, cable sizing, and switchboard design.
- Design grow light systems including a combination of LED and HPS fixtures;
- meeting lighting density and power requirements
- Work with drawings including but not limited to general arrangement drawings,
- single line diagrams, connection diagrams, wiring diagrams, bill of materials
- using software packages such as Adobe or AutoCAD
- Develop and test documentation which describes the specific electrical
- Perform root cause analyses to identify problems.
- Participate in meetings with vendors and clients to communicate technical
- Provide recommendations and implement solutions to complex issues; ensures
- compliance with quality process and standards.
- Respond to tender queries regarding tender documents.
- Provide support during construction phase to ensure the best possible solution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems design including power, lighting, fire
- alarm, communications, and security systems
- Knowledge of the Greenhouse industry would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in Greenhouse construction is considered an asset.
- Ability to coordinate with other disciplines and clients.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines
- and handle multiple projects.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize various tasks and have a
- flexible approach to assignments.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelors Degree in electrical engineering.
- P. Eng is considered an asset.
- 5+ years experience in the design and construction industry.
Additional credentials (LEED, PMP, RCDD, LC, CLD, IALD, CTS) preferred.
Familiarity with Canadian and International Building Codes and the Canadian
Electrical Code as well as reference standards is an asset.
Experience working with large vendor teams to aid project coordination.
Experience with construction related services.
Experience managing projects involving multi-disciplinary teams operating in a
fast-paced, innovation driven environment.