About the job Lead VFX Artist
Our client is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse, and adaptable people to keep making it better.
Games is a world-class mobile game studio, best known for creating the most successful Star Wars game of all time. We are game makers first, telling stories through some of the most beloved IP brands in the world and igniting players' imagination and competitive spirit. We believe in a culture of excellence, constantly driving to be the industry leader in mobile RPG and encouraging a team atmosphere of learning, collaboration, and creativity. Most importantly, we never forget that making games and entertaining our passionate players is fun!
Games are the destination for today's best mobile game makers. Come join us, and craft the world's greatest role-playing games.
Our flagship title
- looking for an accomplished Senior Visual Effects Artist with experience in game development, specifically in the mobile space.
- You will report directly to the studio's Technical Art Director and work in cooperation with the Art Director, design team, tech art, and other art discipline leads.
- You will lead the production and implementation of top-quality VFX for our existing game and future projects.
- You will maintain the current visual style and look for ways to improve visuals across the game.
- You will develop visually stunning in-game visual effect elements for game environments, characters, ships, and cinematics.
- You will also contribute to the development of visual effect systems, tools, and pipelines.
Work Task Examples:
As a Senior Visual Effects Artist, you will:
- Work with designers, Art Director, and the technical Lead to establish visual standards and technical specifications of VFX assets for the project.
- Improve the visual quality of the game by creating high-quality real-time visual effects that are performant on mobile.
- Review the existing library of visual effects in-game and look for ways to improve optimizations while elevating or maintaining visuals.
- Help communicate gameplay mechanics to the player through VFX elements.
- Collaborate with the lead tech artist to creatively solve technical and art pipelines.
- Work with Character, Environment, Cinematic, and UI pipelines to create stunning FX and compelling moments.
- Mentor junior visual effect artists.
Skills We Look For:
- At least 5+ years of visual effects development in video games.
- Experience with the limitations and expectations of mobile platforms.
- Translate brand effects (e.g. fire, smoke, explosions, water, dust, and more) into in-game visual effects.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Max or Maya, and Unity particle editors for VFX
- The ability to create hand-painted textures as well as rendered textures (e.g. Houdini).
- Experience with real-time animation techniques as used by VFX systems.
- Experience with particle systems in a mobile game engine.