Job Openings CHARACTER FACIAL RIGGER (MID-LEVEL / SENIOR)
About the job CHARACTER FACIAL RIGGER (MID-LEVEL / SENIOR)
Our partner is one of the top open-world game development company in the world.
WHAT WE DO
- We design, create and maintain highly complex facial rigging and animation systems for characters and animals that bring our 3D assets to life.
- We constantly engage in Research and Development of new techniques for driving skeletons, blendshapes and custom deformers through comprehensive control rigs.
- We design and build tools that enhance the productivity of our Blendshape Art team and Animators.
- Work alongside Animators providing support and addressing feedback to get the best performances in game.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments such as Tools, Machine Learning and Code (engine) teams to improve our authoring workflows and animation/graphics systems in runtime.
- Build, test and maintain facial rig logic for a variety of 3D assets.
- Create tools within Maya (in Python/QT) to support and push forward workflows across Animation and Rigging.
- Write C++ plugins to customize and extend DCC packages as required for our bespoke needs.
- Work with other Technical Artists streamlining our pipeline and scalability of our facial rigging tools and asset production.
- Use proprietary system to setup constraints and custom deformers, secondary motion etc in the game engine.
- Work with the team organizing, documenting and maintaining libraries for interacting with the rig from a tooling standpoint.
- Work with other Technical Artists improving workflows and tools used internally by the Rigging Team and other departments such as Character Art and Animation.
- Staying current with latest technologies/research ongoing in the field to help keep our dynamic art visuals at the cutting-edge regarding motion and deformation.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Facial Rigger, Technical Animator or similar/related position.
- Strong knowledge and experience using FACS applied to facial rigging and animation is a must.
- A demo reel and online portfolio that demonstrates exceptional skills creating motion controls for animation, complex deformation and skinning of body and face of characters and creatures.
- 3+ years of production experience creating complex facial rigs for Games, Feature Films or VFX.
- Understanding of human body and facial anatomy as it relates to game assets and topology.
- Strong coding/scripting skills in Python, Mel or Maxscript (candidate may be asked to complete a test).
- Experience programming C++ plugins for Motionbuilder, Maya, Houdini or similar DCCs for Animation.
- Experience using other game engines (e.g. Unreal/Unity or proprietary tech) with relation to Animation.
- Solid foundation in math (specifically 3D math).
- Experience with facial animation, facial motion capture, and/or facial tracking.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience using other game engines (e.g. Unreal/Unity or proprietary tech).
- Experience creating Animation scripts/tools for Motionbuilder, Maya, Houdini is highly advantageous.
- Experience with Python (standalone or within the context of a relevant DCC) is highly advantageous.
- Experience with C# and .NET Core/Framework is highly advantageous.
- Experience using source control software (i.e. Perforce, Git) and working on a code base collaboratively.
- Professional experience as an Animator in games.
- Professional experience working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Professional experience working in a large team spread across multiple locations and time zones.