Job Openings Lead Engine/Systems Programmer (Mexico/Remote)
About the job Lead Engine/Systems Programmer (Mexico/Remote)
- Guadalajara, Mexico or remote position, fulltime
- It would require working hours roughly between 11:00am / 12:00pm / 13:00pm till 20:00pm / 21.00pm / 22:00pm (CEST), there’s 1 hour lunch break in between at your convenience
- Design, develop, optimize, and debug UE4+ engine systems.
- Deploy, evaluate performance, and test on supported game platforms.
- Work closely with production, engineering, design, and art teams on technical goals, features , and development.
- Performance management and participation in code reviews.
- Contribute to design and roadmap of engine technology.
- Collaborate and co-develop with other engineering teams.
- Use company-provided workstation hardware, console dev kits, and video game industry standard software tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce to perform your work.
- Communicate with other developers, company leadership, and external partners, using online tools such as Slack, Zoom, Teams.
- Collaborate in peer education and self-study.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize the middleware, code, SDKs, internal libraries, and everything in between.
- Participate with other departments providing development, documentation, influence strategy, and overall direction for games technology through your contributions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years developing and optimizing engine systems.
- 3+ years experience as a lead.
- 1+ shipped AAA console or PC titles with UE4.
- Strong C/C++ skills are a must.
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded engine systems.
- Understanding of computer architecture and memory systems.
- Familiarity with current and next console SDKs, Steam, Epic Game Store.
- Knowledge and experience with game development systems.
- Conversant in PC and Console game development techniques and best practices.
- Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with common game industry tools & middleware.