Job Openings Senior Technical Artist (Mexico/Remote)
About the job Senior Technical Artist (Mexico/Remote)
- Guadalajara, Mexico or remote position, fulltime
- It would require working hours roughly between 11:00am / 12:00pm / 13:00pm till 20:00pm / 21.00pm / 22:00pm (CEST), there’s 1 hour lunch break in between at your convenience
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates relevant skills and tools developed
- Contribute meaningfully to the development, testing, and maintenance of the tools that our talented group of Artists, Animators, and Designers depend on.
- Be accountable for the stability and performance of the tools, plugins, and custom scripts.
- Proactively seek out solutions for the various problems encountered in game development.
- Assist the Lead Artist(s) document all tools and workflows into our Tech Art Repository in Confluence.
- Function as an integral member of a cross-disciplinary group of Artists, Animators, and Designers that innovate and elevate the capabilities and capacities of our company.
- Continuously vet and test our internal tools, assets, and systems for appropriateness and robustness.
- Coordinate with our Art Outsource Managers in reviewing and integrating assets created by external vendors and partners.
- Bachelor's Degree, or 7+ years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years industry experience, minimum of 1 years experience as a Senior Tech Artist in game development using UE4; with at least 1 shipped AAA UE4 title for PC and 8th/9th gen console as a Senior Technical Artist.
- Excellent communication skills, with a passion for making tools for content creators/designers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, lighting, and rendering principles and fundamentals.
- Expert knowledge of C++, C#, and scripting languages.
- Expertise in at least one DCC package. Maya is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of current best practices in DCC tools development for games.
- Solid understanding of developing tech art tools and workflows.
- Solid understanding of at least 2 of the following, with expertise in at least 1:
- Creature/Character rigging; locomotion systems.
- Vehicle Rigging; vehicle dynamic systems.
- Environmental Destruction; procedural systems.
- Lighting and Shading Models; render systems.
- 5 Experience building shader and material libraries.
- Desire and ability to mentor/train others.
- Strong math skills: 3D math, dot arithmetic, and working knowledge of analytic geometry.
- Working knowledge of OpenSource tools such as Blender.
- Experience developing games on PS5, XBX, and XB1 puts you at the top of the list.