Job Openings Experienced Technical Artist (Mexico/Remote)
About the job Experienced Technical Artist (Mexico/Remote)
- Guadalajara, Mexico or remote, fulltime
- It would require working hours roughly between 11:00am / 12:00pm / 13:00pm till 20:00pm / 21.00pm / 22:00pm (CEST), there’s 1 hour lunch break in between at your convenience
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates relevant skills and tools developed
- Collaborate with the other Technical Artists, Artists, Animators, Designers, and Engineers to develop, test, and maintain the tools we use for game development.
- Be accountable for the stability and performance of the tools, plugins, and custom scripts developed for the talented creators at TLM.
- Proactively seek out solutions for the various problems encountered in game development and in asset creation.
- Contribute to the evaluation, adaptation, and training of new tools and workflows that empower the creatives.
- Be fully committed to the supporting roles and responsibilities as a Technical Artist; execute at a high level of professionalism and proficiency.
- Be able to present possible solutions for any given problem that you are being asked to solve.
- Function as an integral member of a cross-disciplinary team to enhance capabilities and capacities of the team.
- Be a key contributor to the on-going efforts in optimization and integration of game assets and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of experience in game development.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Technical Artist in game development using UE4; with at least 1 shipped UE4 title.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, lighting, and rendering principles and fundamentals.
- Expert knowledge of Python, with proficiencies in C++ and/or C#.
- Expertise in at least one DCC package. Maya or Blender is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of current best practices in DCC tools development for games.
- Experience with optimizing and balancing performance of PC titles and console ports.
- Solid understanding of at least one of the following:
- Creature/Character rigging; locomotion systems.
- Vehicle Rigging; vehicle dynamic systems.
- Environmental Destruction; procedural systems.
- Lighting and Shading Models; render systems.
- Experience building shader and material libraries.
- Desire and ability to mentor/train others.
- Experience building optimization/profiling tools and workflows.