Job Openings Experienced LEVEL ARTIST - Worldbuilder/Lighting (Malta/Remote)
About the job Experienced LEVEL ARTIST - Worldbuilder/Lighting (Malta/Remote)
- Malta or remote, fulltime
- Be able to whitebox and greybox levels with the help of the Design department to prove gameplay in the early stages
- Plan and execute asset layout, with main and decorative elements, while taking in mind gameplay and story
- Mix and match a different set of assets in creative ways to make the most out of the Project’s Asset Library
- Coordinate well with Environment Team for the level needs when it comes to Assets
- Where present, work with Terrain, in and out of the Game Engine to achieve the level’s requirements
- Help the rest of the team to stay under Performance budgets and do any necessary adjustments to the Level to hit the target scope
- Handle any project structure and gameplay-related needs that a level creates
- Plan and gather reference to show the target visual result
- Prepare the scene for lighting, by cleaning the layout and creating the necessary conditions
- Light the scene, under the guided lighting conditions, with Baked or Realtime Lights
- Create different lighting scenarios from already existing, Lighted Scenes
- Use Visual Effects to help focus on specific lighting conditions
- Create and work with Post Processing to push the visual of the game according to the platform needs
- Handle any light and post process-related side work that is needed to complete the level
- Coordinate with Art Director and Art Lead about the style of the game in development
- Work closely with Producers to keep track of the development schedule
- Be flexible in sacrificing quality in an early stage of an asset development to help a schedule to move on, then improving and polishing it at the appropriate stage of a project
- Be proactive in research and suggest solutions for various development issues that may arise
- 2.5+ years of professional experience as a Level Artist, in the Games Industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Unreal and Unity game engines, any terrain generator like World Machine, Gaia (or any other).
- Sufficient knowledge of a modeling tool like 3d Studio Max or Maya, Photoshop.
- Work from concept or reference, but also be creative and provide input for the direction of any level.
- Knowing when to ‘throw something together’ for prototyping, when you need to sacrifice quality for time and when it is time to polish.
- Love to collaborate and to work within a team. Willing to provide and accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Love playing and creating games while thinking how to take them to the next level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the creation of Open World games and how that affects level creation.
- Experience with visual scripting (ex. Blueprints), to assist with any basic functionality that is needed for a level.
- Experience with environment animations, to set up any gameplay or visual sequences.