Job Openings Technical Artist (Malta/Remote)
About the job Technical Artist (Malta/Remote)
- Malta or remote, fulltime
- Work closely with Tech and Art departments and act as a link to ensure that there is proper communication and understanding between them.
- Lead the RnD together with the other
Technical Artists for all tech art subjects of the given projects, looking ways
to improve Art pipelines and the artistic quality bar.
- Actively work with all departments to ensure that the overall performance of the given project is up to target, while preserving as much as possible the visual bar that is set.
- Create shaders in node-based tools like
Unreal’s Material Editor and Unity’s Shader Graph.
- Create any support meshes, textures and masks you might need in the shader creation process.
- Support Art with the use of visual scripting (ex. Unreal’s Blueprints), to assist with any basic functionality that is needed for any given art asset.
- Test often the builds of the game in question, always on platform, to ensure what is seen in Engine is accurately depicted in build.
- Help Art department leads to ensure that all pipelines that are set, are followed through development by the artists.
seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise.
- Buy into the established art vision of the game and ensure this is delivered in its entirety.
- Serve as Mentor for less experienced Technical Artists and help them evolve their skills.
- 2.5+ years of professional experience as a Technical Artist in the Games Industry, with at least 1 game released.
- Thorough knowledge of Unreal game engine.
- Sufficient knowledge of tools like 3d Studio Max or Maya, Photoshop.
- Knowing when to ‘throw something together’ for prototyping, when you need to sacrifice quality for time and when it is time to polish.
- Love to collaborate and to work within a team. Willing to provide and accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Love playing and creating games, while thinking how to take them to the next level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
with any commonly used code-based shader creation language.
with developing and releasing game(s) on consoles.
- Experience with any proprietary game engines and/or Unity.
- Experience with tools and pipelines of Animation, enough to assist Technical Animators wherever is needed.