About the job Data Engineer
How cool is it to go to a restaurant and access the menu with your phone? What if you could also place your orders and pay directly on your phone? And what if that same menu could give you recommendations and was organized in a way restaurants can sell what is more profitable to them? That’s what we call the Smart Menu!
To back our Smart features we built the Smart Menu API, a Machine Learning based API opened to different platforms (delivery apps, POS’s and other platforms working in the industry).
Our mission is to increase the average spend per served meal. We serve the f&b industry as the backbone of Smart data for restaurants and big food tech companies, like delivery and POS companies.
You will be joining a fast growing company present in 3 countries (Portugal, Germany and UAE) and soon expanding to Switzerland, Austria and Saudi.
About this Role
As a member of our core team you will be responsible for building high-volume data pipelines and work together with others to enable high-scale Data Science algorithms that will be the backbone of the integrations with some of our partners. Our partners include: delivery platforms, POS companies and menu providers.
- Create and maintain a data pipeline architecture at scale on AWS
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide
variety of data sources.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights to our customers.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them.
- Prototyping NLP based features
- Understand menu compositions.
- Match entries between different databases.
The ideal Candidate
- 4 years experience as a data engineer
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field, eg: Mathematics or Computer Science
- Previous experience in Airflow and Spark
- Experienced in relational databases
- Working knowledge with Github
- AWS: RDS, EC2, S3 buckets
- Strong knowledge on REST APIs
- Good english understanding, both spoken and written
Nice to have
- CI/CD knowledge
- DevOps knowledge
- Experience with NLP is a strong plus
- Object-oriented databases is a plus
What you’ll get
- A cool office in the center of sunny Lisbon
- Health insurance
- Your personal screen
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 22 days holidays
- 3 online courses/year
- 1 conference/year